DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Avid Liquid 7.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/80705-avid-liquid-7-0-a.html)

Brian Ladue November 30th, 2006 04:11 PM

Avid Liquid 7.0

Does anyone know if there is the 4 second problem with PC users using Avid Liquid? The four second loss at the beginning of each recording?

Antony Michael Wilson December 1st, 2006 03:07 AM

There is no such problem capturing HDV with Liquid. As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. I've been using Liquid to conform EDLs for very involved timelines from Media Composer and Xpress Pro with no trouble whatsoever. I have also captured complete tapes straight into Liquid with no problems.

Per Johan Naesje December 1st, 2006 03:24 AM

Second what Antony says. I'v been using Liquid for years in SD, now I have upgraded to Canon HV 10 and Canon XLH1 camcorders. I use the HV 10 as a deck. The capture is painlessly without any issues.

Note: the hardware requirement for HDV is higher than for SD footage. You should also download the SP1 patch for Liquid 7.

Stephen L. Noe December 1st, 2006 08:03 AM

No problems with the Liquid system and ProHD. It's all predictable as if you're working with regular DV.

Brian Ladue December 1st, 2006 04:19 PM

Stephen, do you know if Liquid also supports the XDcam HD Cams? (350)

Stephen L. Noe December 1st, 2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Ladue
Stephen, do you know if Liquid also supports the XDcam HD Cams? (350)

Yes, I know for sure it does. AAMOF, I was working on XDCamHD just yesterday (35Mb & 25Mb)

Steve Mullen December 2nd, 2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Johan
Second what Antony says. I'v been using Liquid for years in SD,
Note: the hardware requirement for HDV is higher than for SD footage. You should also download the SP1 patch for Liquid 7.

I'll third that. Running 7.1 on MBP 2 and love it. I have simply stopped using FCP. I'm also confident Liquid will handle 720p60 when I get an HD250 in a few weeks.

Stephen, have you found any way to remove 2:3 pulldown on HDV video? Would like to useLiquid rather than Vegas for V1 24p.

Likewise, anyway to add 2:3 pull-down on export?

Liquid also flows nicely into the XP tools for making HD red laser DVDs for HD DVD players. It also will feed BD burning software including AC-3 audio.

I only wish Avid would confirm they are not planning to stop development. I've pushed them and they simply refuse to comment. They claim they never comment on future products. When I reminded them they have talked about Xpro features a year in advance, they just get pissed cause you've caught them in a lie.

I'm not saying they'll stop selling 7.1, but there's a ton of work that needs to be done for 7.2 let alone 7.5 or 8.0.