DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Meryem Ersoz August 29th, 2005 07:28 PM

correctamundo. the only films i can quote off the top of my head are the ones my 4 y.o. daughter has watched 1,055,234 times.

your turn....

Mike Teutsch August 29th, 2005 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Meryem Ersoz]correctamundo. the only films i can quote off the top of my head are the ones my 4 y.o. daughter has watched 1,055,234 times.
QUOTE]

Could be much worse---Could be "Barney"

Jonathan Jones August 29th, 2005 08:20 PM

Okay, here goes a pretty easy one...

"Birds gotta eat....same as worms."

-Jon

Nick Hiltgen August 29th, 2005 09:06 PM

See Meyrem, I had Donnie Darko as a close second, I suppose we judged slightly differently...

Jon are you talking about the Outlaw Josey Wells with clint eastwood? I thought the line for that was "Buzzards got eat, same as worms..."

Meryem Ersoz August 29th, 2005 09:15 PM

actually, mike, i like our barney video! because it's barney at the beach, and if i squint and wear earplugs, i can pretend i'm in hawaii during the cold winter months here.

still, i feel fortunate that my child is growing up in an era where children's film has a bit of something for the adults, too.

shrek is without a doubt the greatest achievement since bugs bunny.....

Jonathan Jones August 29th, 2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
Jon are you talking about the Outlaw Josey Wells with clint eastwood? I thought the line for that was "Buzzards got eat, same as worms..."

Yep, you're right. I guess my memory isn't so good either....sorry. Josey Wales it is. Your turn.
-Jon

Mike Teutsch August 29th, 2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
still, i feel fortunate that my child is growing up in an era where children's film has a bit of something for the adults, too.

shrek is without a doubt the greatest achievement since bugs bunny.....

Agree without a doubt, everyone can enjoy them. I have no kids left at home, but have Shrek, and Ice Age too.

Mike

Nick Hiltgen August 29th, 2005 11:01 PM

Jonathon, no worries in lack in memory is made up for in taste. I have to pick up- a copy of the fisher king tomorrow. And since my previous quote took all of 15 minutes to solve, I'm going to try and make it a little bit more difficult. This is the last line of the movie.

"He was master of the game... He had acquired the power to make you... Lose."

Alfred Okocha August 30th, 2005 05:49 AM

Could it be "the Croupier" with Clive Owen? The next James Bond.. (AS they've claimed for years now..)

Alfred Okocha August 30th, 2005 06:17 AM

I'm going out and am not going to be back for some time... I'll post a dialouge and if I were wrong you just ignore it.. It may be a bit too long.. But it IS funny. hehe

KAREN
Glenn, are you trying to steal this
car?

GLENN
Jesus, I don't believe it.

KAREN
Another one of those days, huh, nothing
seems to go right?

He raises his empty hands.

GLEN
I don't have the keys.

KAREN
I see that.

GLENN
I mean I'm not stealing the fxxxing
car.

KAREN
You're not?

GLENN
I already stole it. Last week or
whenever it was, in West Palm. I can't
be stealing it again, can I?

Nick Hiltgen August 30th, 2005 06:44 AM

totally right... you guys are good.

Dimitri De Keukelaere August 30th, 2005 07:24 AM

" out of sight " ?

Alfred Okocha August 30th, 2005 07:52 AM

oh yes.
Never got very good reviews but I adore the film.. Well done. (Or it might have been really basic for you pros..hehe)

Dimitri De Keukelaere August 30th, 2005 08:13 AM

inside the dusters there where tree men
inside the tree men there where tree bullets

piece of cake :-)

Mathieu Ghekiere August 30th, 2005 08:22 AM

Once Upon A Time in the West