DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Brian Doyle July 27th, 2006 07:21 PM

Apocalypse Now

Brian Doyle July 27th, 2006 07:25 PM

"If you're going to lead people, you have to have somewhere to go."

Jonathan Jones July 28th, 2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole McDonald
I'm gonna go ahead and spoil it quickly since there's a new thread in town:

Dennis Quaid in "Undercover Blues" One of the most quotable movies ever put to film.

Thank you Cole...I never would have gotten it......So long gang, I'm jumpin' threads over to the new one now.
-Jon

Barry Gribble July 28th, 2006 10:22 AM

Time for a hint Brian... no takers so far.

Brian Doyle July 28th, 2006 06:22 PM

IT's in black and white. And has a nice link to the movie with the quote I answered.

Jonathan Jones July 28th, 2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Doyle
IT's in black and white. And has a nice link to the movie with the quote I answered.

Okay, this one has been buggin' me....because I kept thinking of Streets of Fire...remember that one? I used to manage a video store in the 80's and watched it more than was good for me.....but I my nephew just lent me Sin City the other day, and the B&W (& Mickey) got me hankerin' to watch Rumble Fish, which I also watched alot back in the day (something about Diane Lane I guess)...so after watching it again, (after many years), I come to two conclusions about Rumble Fish...

#1 - now that I am almost 40, it just doesn't have the same 'coming of age' personal angst impact that it did when I was young.

#2. I am fairly confident that it is the the answer to your riddle.

-Jon

Brian Doyle July 29th, 2006 02:27 AM

Your right!
I'm 28 and it still works for me. It was on HBO or something the other night. I love the fight in the opening. West side story gone bad. Also it's sad to think how great micky was and could have been when watching this and pope.

You're turn for a quote.

Jonathan Jones July 29th, 2006 12:38 PM

Right on. Here's an easy one.

"...eroding.....EROOOODDDDIIIING!"

Brian Doyle July 29th, 2006 04:54 PM

Real shot in the dark here....

Short Circuit???

Jonathan Jones July 29th, 2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Doyle
Real shot in the dark here....

Short Circuit???

Nope. Try again. It is from a comedy from the last couple of years. The scene from which this line is quoted is hilariously comical. I almost peed my pants when I first saw it.
-Jon

Jonathan Jones July 29th, 2006 07:11 PM

I'll elongate it a little bit by adding to it slightly to better reflect a fuller portion of the quote:
!
"eroding.....EEERODING! EROOOODDDDIIIING!!!"

just try speaking it in the manner it is written. If you've seen the movie, it will become clear very quickly.

-Jon

Dimitri De Keukelaere July 30th, 2006 10:01 AM

"robin hood: Men in tights"?

... extreme real shot in the dark :-)

Jonathan Jones July 30th, 2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitri De Keukelaere
"robin hood: Men in tights"?

... extreme real shot in the dark :-)

Sorry. Try again.

I'll give it a few more hours, and if no takers, I'll add a few more sentences....but then it will be a total giveaway.
-Jon

Jonathan Jones July 31st, 2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones
Sorry. Try again.

I'll give it a few more hours, and if no takers, I'll add a few more sentences....but then it will be a total giveaway.
-Jon

Okay, time to give it away with a few more sentences from the referenced scene:

-- "I'm here with Katherine Hepburn's mom."

-- "Did you feel bad at all letting Leo DiCaprio drown, while you were safe floating on the big door?"

-- "You've been running Maid of the Mist for 23 years now. Tell me, why do you think I didn't get the anchor job?"

-- "Or, like the great falls, is the bedrock of my life eroding beneath me? Eroding, Eeroooding.....EEEERRROOOOOODING!"

Somebody has GOT to get this. If not, my next clue will be the name of the movie.
-Jon

Andy Graham July 31st, 2006 03:14 PM

say no more!

Bruce almighty.