DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   Burger King NFL Commercials (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/59149-burger-king-nfl-commercials.html)

James Emory January 25th, 2006 11:46 PM

Burger King NFL Commercials

Well, I'm glad that Burger King finally changed their spots from the first one where the King was lying in bed with someone offering them their newest breakfast item when they woke up saying, Wake up.....with the King. I don't know about you, but if I woke up and saw that guy in my bed grinning at me, well........

The latest spots show the King running down the field or executing some of the greatest plays in NFL games. The look of the image seems to retain that NFL Films look and I can't tell if they green screened him into older footage or if they really reshot those sequences and just made it look old. It is very convincing and funny as hell seeing him running the patterns and making those classic moves and dances when scoring a touchdown and while wearing that get up of a cape, tights and with that oversized permanent expression face! :O

Joe Carney January 26th, 2006 03:14 PM

I havn't been to a Burger King since they started running ads with that guy in the kings costume. Creeps me out. I mean, what would you do if some guy in a kings costume walked to you in the middle of the woods(or jumped out from behind a tree) and offered you something to eat.
First commercial series to make me not want a product in my entire life. Usually I don't really care.

Chris Barcellos January 26th, 2006 03:43 PM

Steve Young Run

The NFL commercial where the King eventually stumbles and falls into the end zone is the actual play and call from a 49er game and a Steve Young run. They've morphed young into the film, replacing Youngs run, down to the desperate stumlbe and fall into the end zone.... I don't think its exactly green screan. I think it is overlay and they may be doing much like they did the stuff from Lord of the Rings.

Keith Loh January 26th, 2006 04:03 PM

I haven't been to Burger King since the time the drunk guy stumbled out of the bathroom and puked all over the table next to me and then wiped his hands on my coat on the way out. I didn't finish my flame broiled Whopper.

Joe Carney January 26th, 2006 04:06 PM

Hey, at least he wasn't out in the woods stalking people.
Or sneaking into their beds at night,
or peeping through a window at dancing woman.

Then again....maybe thats the guy they hired to wear the funny kings costume.

What's next, hiring Jason to do Wendys comercials?

James Emory January 26th, 2006 07:35 PM

Well, the King series must be working because they just keep cranking them out. The only ones that are a bit strange too me are what we mentioned when he appears out of nowhere, especially in someone's house! I like the football versions though.

James Emory February 5th, 2006 08:36 PM

DQ Popcorn Shrimp - So good, shrimp would eat'em!

Here is another eerie commercial that has been airing recently. Dairy Queen has two shrimp talking and the dad shrimp is eating some of DQ's popcorn shrimp but they don't know what it is. The dad shrimp says boy this popcorn sure is good and the mom shrimp says that's not popcorn, it's popcorn shrimp!! Then the dad shrimp stops and says, where are the kids? They both look at each other in terror and the dad shrimp tosses the basket in the air (water). The tag line then says, DQ's new popcorn shrimp, so good even shrimp would eat'em!