DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   Transformers news! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/73924-transformers-news.html)

Heath McKnight August 19th, 2006 08:53 PM

Transformers news!

I've been collecting Transformers (live action) movie news here:

http://www.invincibleironman.com/for...pic.php?t=2845

And here's some pix, plus which characters are appearing in the film:

http://www.invincibleironman.com/for...pic.php?t=3005

heath

Joe Carney August 19th, 2006 09:03 PM

Heath, I had no idea you were into Iron Man. Way cool. You must know Jim Jannard is the real life version with the upcoming Red Camera.
Cool.

Heath McKnight August 19th, 2006 09:32 PM

Yeah, Jim is like Tony Stark! I'm so into Iron Man, I have a tattoo on my right forearm! Visit my myspace page to see it:

www.myspace.com/heathninja

My office has tons of Iron Man statues, figures, etc. My wife thinks it's cool AND she bought me the tattoo 2.5 years ago for my birthday when we were just dating.

hwm

Joe Carney August 20th, 2006 12:01 PM

Growing up, he was my favorite Marvel character. Much more complex and 'real' than the others, at least to me. I should have used Google more often to check out fan sites.

Tim Goldman August 20th, 2006 12:45 PM

Why is a 20 years old show being made into a movie yet again? I saw transformers the movie in theraters back when ever that was, I don't need to see another version...ever (no orsonw ells...no good).

And my second question is...who won civil war, iron man or cap'n america?

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 12:48 PM

No idea, but I went to check it out at the comic shop (first time in a year that I'd been to one) and was turned off by the art, writing and more. Marvel's become pretty lame; their books are political rants, have pages with tons of panels with boring exposition and they run in 6-part cycles in case they're collected into Trade Paperbacks (TPB).

heath

Kelly Goden August 23rd, 2006 09:38 PM

1986! I saw it in a theater too. Seemed like a big deal after watching the cartoon regularly--but the soundtrack was awful. They dumped Gi Joe the movie onto tv. It helped that Marvel was behind the development of those shows.

They dont know what they are doing by cutting Soundwave from the lineup.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 04:22 AM

WHAT!!!! NO SOUNDWAVE!!!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT! soundwave is a corner stone of the Decepticons, nih and the two little guys, the wolf and that bird guy, man, thoese tapes dudes rocked!

I already thought the movie was going to suck, but now i know it will blow chunks!

Who's next on the chopping block....Jazz...Side swipe....StarScream..or you!!!

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 05:57 AM

Man, I hope Ben Aflack doesn't get this superhero role either. i.e. The Iron Man movie.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 06:26 AM

you know, that's the worst news i hurd all morning. Ben afflik in any movie is bad enough, he was a horrible dare devil (yes, the script was pretty bad to), he'll be a horrible iron man, not that i'm a huge iron man fan or anything, but i did once have a childhood, now it seems that reality is out to destroy it. Whas next..nicholas cage as ghost rid...oh never mind

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 06:47 AM

Tim, I haven't heard anything about Ben being in the movie, but you know how Hollywood is, if they feel like the storyline isn't up to snuff, they'll try and lay the success on the star power. Just look at the Mission Impossible series, it was all about the 'teeth' power. :}

And Ghost Rider was my favorite superhero growing up, Nicholas Cage was my favorite.............my favorite........fav................I'll get back to you.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 07:38 AM

yeah true, but ben isn't a star. He;s at best a has been, or all washed up, same for jennifer lopez. Anyway, there is talk of a fantastic four part deux (2). Suposly it has silver surfer in it (the most powerful super hero anywhere).
Still, the first one was just terrible, maybe the second one will be just ok.

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 07:49 AM

My 3 cents is that every time Hollywood thinks they can reinvent the wheel with super hero movies, they just screw up. Stick to what works and stop trying to gum up the worx. The 'soap opera' X-men was just terrible, give it a rest, we wanna see things blow up, not who's DATING WHO!. Well, I feel better.

K. Forman August 24th, 2006 07:52 AM

Tim- It isn't a rumor, there will be a FF sequel, Rise of the Silver Surfer. It will also feature Galactus. As far as the Transformers, some of the preliminary pictures of the robots are awesome. You should see Bumblebee standing over the prop builder! www.comics2film.com is where I go for all the news and updates for comics movies.

Heath McKnight August 24th, 2006 08:38 AM

Don't worry about Affleck in Iron Man--right now, it looks like Terrence Howard may join the cast as Rhodey (awesome).

heath

Krystian Ramlogan August 24th, 2006 10:23 AM

Uhm, you guys are comparing an animated movie to the Live Action movie being done? Or was there a live action Transformers movie done already that I never heard of?

As for the comic book stuff. The Silver Surfer is not the most powerful superhero - actually, he's not really a superhero, more an anti-hero if anything.

There have been heated debates about just this fact every since there were comics, lol and I'm not about to start another!! But...

The most powerful marvel character would probably be the young son of Mr. Fantastic and The Invisible Woman OR the Beyonder OR some may say the Molecule Man.

Back to Transformers stuff. Maybe they left him out because they didn't think they could do justice to the transformation he does?

I'm not to sure about the movie myself but I guess we'll see.

As for another Iron Man, anyone here remember Rom: SpaceKnight? (boy he was my favorite!!)

Bless.

Kelly Goden August 24th, 2006 12:13 PM

They claimed they left him out because they couldnt justify his transformation(into tiny device) to the audience. That was a tricky thing 20 years ago--until nanotechnology theories about transforming a flower into a gun on the subatomic level with tiny machines came along.

But beyond that-who says they even need to explain it? -its as logical as saying an audience cant accept a big strong guy in a bat costume or mechanical webshooters designed by a high school student. They seem to overlook something that I am pretty sure the audience knows...its a fantasy. Fiction. Not real. Who goes to a superhero movie and expects realism? Thank goodness pros like Richard Donner and Mario Puzo didnt feel they needed to have Superman in a track suit to make it realistic--they were more concerned with telling a good story with appealing characters. I wouldnt put Transformers in the same category as an iconic cultural figure like Superman, but they need better reasons to remove a character that was hard to overlook in the original series.

Rom blasting dire wraiths into limbo.
Yep, that was a cool idea.
I still have the first issue somewhere.

K. Forman August 24th, 2006 12:35 PM

It doesn't matter in the end, you'll always have geeks vs nerds, trekkies vs trekkers, Star Wars vs Star Trek... No wonder they are still living in Mom's basement and have no girlfriend ;)

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 02:26 PM

ROM THE SPACE KNIGHT! he was written just to sale mattel tos wasn't it.

if yyou have powers, and wear your underware on the outside, your a superhero, doenst mater if ou good or bad, their al the same.

my objecton is to a transformwers movie period <----.

it's what 20 soemthing years old, who cars now.

whats next thundercats live action (saring ben aflic and matt daemon) (now who plays cheetara is what counts)

if you wanna do a movie, fine, just don't make one that's
A) ben done wiht orson wells as a voice actor
b)based off anything from the 80's. 9this gos for any intellectual property)
c) there is no c

actualy, go-bots the movie should be made, it's only fair if we're going to deal with the vehical to robot genre.

Kelly Goden August 24th, 2006 02:53 PM

A true geek debate would be whether the Gobots could defeat the Transformers.
Clearly, just in terms of toy commercial jingles, the Transformers beats them hands down.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 04:53 PM

True, i'm afraid leader1 is no match for optimus prime, let's just hope they kill scooter fast, he's realy realy realy annoying. Of course once the smoke clears, and the battles done, you have to ask your self...did anyone truely win? Well, did they?

yeah, no we're all big loosers face it, every kids show in the 80's was ether to push a line of toys or some sugar coated cereal. My whole childhood is a lie!!!

Philip Williams August 25th, 2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
<snip>
yeah, no we're all big loosers face it, every kids show in the 80's was ether to push a line of toys or some sugar coated cereal. My whole childhood is a lie!!!

Thank goodness we've moved on to a day where every kid's show is designed to push a toy line or sugar coated cereal... oh wait.....

Heath McKnight August 26th, 2006 08:57 AM

Did you guys see that I found Megatron? He doesn't look like Megatron:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=108803

heath

Tim Goldman August 26th, 2006 11:53 AM

For a kids toy, that sure is an eye hazard, reminds me of the shriek from hyperion, it's not a very good look.

Kelly Goden August 26th, 2006 12:16 PM

It gives me eyestrain looking at it. Kind of "busy" and unmemorable.

After seeing the Starscream and Bumblebee design,
it looks like they didnt want them to have overtly humanoid faces--Optimus Prime's face muzzle probably saved him from a similar fate.

John C. Chu December 22nd, 2006 08:01 PM

Just saw the trailer for Michael Bay's "Transformers" movie.

You know, I never thought much of the cartoon as a kid [always thought it was despicable to do a cartoon just to sell the damn toy....:-)]

But yet.... the trailer is pretty darn exciting!

<url> http://www.transformersmovie.com/main.html </url>

It has echoes of "Independence Day", "Robocop" "War of the Worlds" and the opening sequence of "Terminator 2" .

Make sure you grab the HD version to look at.

Films like this would have been nearly impossible 15 years ago...

Heath McKnight December 22nd, 2006 08:16 PM

Be sure you do view the new trailer at www.transformersmovie.com to hear Optimus speak! And yes, it's Peter Cullen, the original and TRUE voice of Optimus!

heath

Philip Williams December 22nd, 2006 08:21 PM

Yup, I dare say my hopes are still rather low for this movie, but it was a relief when they anounced that Peter Cullen was reprising the Optimus Prime role. It just wouldn't have worked without him.