DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   BlackMagic Cinema Camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackmagic-cinema-camera/)
-   -   BMPCC First ProRes Files Released for Download! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackmagic-cinema-camera/518138-bmpcc-first-prores-files-released-download.html)

Derran Rootring August 5th, 2013 10:02 AM

BMPCC First ProRes Files Released for Download!

John Brawley has released the first ProRes files coming straight from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aitqd5tddqu3zi4/GCJRv7pSie#/

I'm impressed by the quality of the footage and also made a quick Graded Vs. Ungraded video.

Hopefully the Pocket camera will be shipped to customers soon!

Alex Anderson August 5th, 2013 11:53 AM

Re: BMPCC First ProRes Files Released for Download!

that you you provided does not work.?

Philip Lipetz August 5th, 2013 11:57 AM

Dropbox closed link due to high volume.

Dan Scott August 5th, 2013 04:08 PM

another magic hour shot. I need to see this thing at high noon! I'm not sold on the dynamic range yet.
I like how it held the sky, but again,the sun was pretty low in the sky.

The one shot where people were in direct sun (only in the background) the white T shirt at 0:45 is blow out to me.

FYI: Still amazing..

Noa Put August 5th, 2013 04:29 PM

Yeah, at that time of day every camera looks good, I won't even bother downloading the footage, there will be enough user footage online to stare at once it hits the streets, maybe in some months or so.

Derran Rootring August 5th, 2013 04:30 PM

Yes, would be nice to also have some high noon footage to play with. John said something about more footage is coming, but it may take a little while. I like what I've seen so far and I'm impressed by the quality of this little cam!

Noa Put August 5th, 2013 04:59 PM

John should sell his camera so at least another person in the world can hold it and shoot some footage with it :) It will be time bmd starts filling the stores so we finally can see some variety in shots taken, I"m tired looking at carefully planned shots. We have got shaky and magic hour shots so far, let's hope whatever comes next is a bit more challenging.

Dan Scott August 5th, 2013 05:50 PM

regardless, exciting time to be in the low budget camera market.. wonder what next year will bring!

Dan Scott August 6th, 2013 11:44 AM

changing my tune..

I took my trusty GH2 out yesterday evening, at around the same time.. and exposing to hold the sky still put my shaded subject into the very dark zones.. ... the pocket cam holds those areas in shade much higher.. you win this time pocket cam!

Noa Put August 6th, 2013 12:53 PM

That's no surprise, the pocket cam has 13 stops of DR, but you should change your tune if you can put both camera's side by side and then shoot the same thing, then you know for sure if it's THAT much better. Like with any camera it's the guy behind the camera that makes the difference, just look at the allready plenty 5dIII raw videos that are online, only a handfull look great but most look like plain footage to me.

Antonin Baches August 8th, 2013 12:59 PM

My test with FCX.
Non étalonné (ungraded) vs Etalonné (graded)
The Pocket is noisy.
Dénoise = Neat Video.

Noa Put August 8th, 2013 03:44 PM

Don't tell me you have to use neatvideo in every daylight shot with this camera? :)

Wacharapong Chiowanich August 8th, 2013 09:43 PM

De-noising by Neat Video always comes at a price. Though much of the detail in finer micro contrast areas can be maintained, some of it has to be sacrificed. Used on most DSLRs' footage would be OK but on truly high resolution footage such as that output by the Canon XF300/305 series or the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera's 2.5K raw file, significant micro contrast detail or the "texture", as somebody like to call it, needs to be smeared out along with chroma and luma noises. The resultant images would usually look clean and more pleasant when viewing at lower resolutions or at high compression rates but also invariably look "plasticky" when viewing at actual resolutions in their original or lightly compressed formats such as Avid DNxHD or Apple ProRes.

Noa Put August 9th, 2013 01:25 AM

But neatvideo would only be used as last resort in low light footage if you have lots of grain caused by a very high iso, I don't see any reason to use it on normal footage such as the pocket cam above.

Antonin Baches August 9th, 2013 06:02 AM

You won't see noise with the Vimeo compression, but it's definitively present if you download the 1080p MP4 version (189mo).