DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   CS3 and Blu-ray, what to expect? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/96147-cs3-blu-ray-what-expect.html)

Sergio Garcia June 9th, 2007 06:41 AM

CS3 and Blu-ray, what to expect?

As an 25p HDV european user I'm very, very interested in having finally a good way to export my HD projects.

I see CS3 will have blu-ray support. But there are not many details about how. The thing is Will we be able to create an standard DVD-R with blu-ray structure? (like mini-hd-dvd's) Does the blu-ray format support natively 25p video?

These are important questions because if european HD filmmakers want to do a workflow from HDV to HD disc (DVD-R) today we only can create HD-DVD in DVD-R but with the problem that the HD-DVD format only works with 24 or 29,97 fps. And conversions are usually difficult...

So my wish would be blu-ray in DVD-R (40 minutes can fit with good quality) and 25p support to avoid frame conversions...

With that CS3 can be holy gift for HD filmmakers specially in Europe.

Anyone knows more details about this?

Ray Bell June 9th, 2007 07:45 AM

Adobe isn't saying much about the blu-ray support yet, at least no details, just that they will support it....

One of the other options is DVDit HD Pro.... that software is supporting blu-ray at this moment, Adobe wont be out until arouind July 15, and also support menu builds for blu-ray disks...

but that doesn't answer your question about the editor side... CS3...

I'm sure CS3 and DVDit HD Pro will play nicely together...

you might go over to the DVDit website and ask a few questions on how they are doing there... the support folks seem to know quite abit about the format.

Sergio Garcia June 9th, 2007 08:42 AM

thanks for the advice...

after checking their forums, all the blu-ray authoring is always intended with BD recorders, but no one asks about the really smart idea of using a DVD-R or -DL...

The mini-HD-DVD is really wonderful but there are no signs of mini blu-ray...

Don't you think guys, that would be very interesting to show our HDV projects to our clients in Full HD in normal DVD-R's. With HD-DVD is possible! Why not with blu-ray?

I know that if you drop in a dvd-r a .mpg file, the Playstation 3 would play it, but that is not blu-ray (in an authored way) and it would not play in other blu-ray players...

Victor Horz June 26th, 2007 09:08 AM

Blue-ray, as far as I know, and this is from much research, does NOT allow DVD4 or DVD9 HD disks like HDDVD. You have to author it with a BR disk on a BR burner. Even then, there is *no* guarentees that it will be readable on standalone BR players.

HDDVD on the other hand, is easy authoring with DVD4+9s and is playable on the standalones.

Sergio Garcia July 1st, 2007 10:40 AM

Do you think in any future will we see that HD-DVD format supports european frame rates???

25p or 50o are not supported sadly...

John Hewat July 4th, 2007 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio Garcia (Post 705456)
Do you think in any future will we see that HD-DVD format supports european frame rates???

25p or 50o are not supported sadly...

Then it's completely useless to us (well me anyway).

What good is my V1 25p recorder if I can't produce a 25p disc?