DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Free event: Painting the Canon EOS C300 -- June 26th in Hollywood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/508490-free-event-painting-canon-eos-c300-june-26th-hollywood.html)

Chris Hurd June 13th, 2012 09:56 AM

Free event: Painting the Canon EOS C300 -- June 26th in Hollywood

News from Canon USA: Painting the Canon EOS C300... free event, advance registration required...

Color grading can be expensive and time consuming. Demanding schedules require multiple cameras to match closely with limited correction in order to meet critical deadlines. The EOS C300 makes it possible to simplify the process by creating in-camera custom picture profiles. Join us for an informative session on custom color adjustment. We'll explain how to create dynamite images in the EOS C300 within your specific budget constraints and offer tips on how to deliver matched settings to multiple cameras across the set or around the world.

You'll learn how to:

-- Create and transfer "baked-in" settings
-- Enhance picture style/paint the camera
-- Match multiple cameras on a set or on offsite locations
-- Tweak color and picture settings in the EOS C300 for maximum impact and minimal cost in post

This is a great way to learn how to maintain production costs while still getting the perfect look for your project. These techniques are ideal for documentary, reality, indie, commercial and low-budget projects.

Date: June 26, 2012
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Fee: Free of charge. Advanced registration required

REGISTER HERE: Canon DLC: Event: Painting the Canon EOS C300: Custom Picture Setting Adjustments to Maintain Control of the Image

Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, California 90028
Questions: CanonLiveLearning at cusa dot canon dot com

Jim Martin June 13th, 2012 10:41 AM

Re: Free event: Painting the Canon EOS C300 -- June 26th in Hollywood

These events are really good...I've attended almost everyone for the last few months and other attendees have been quite happy with the info they gained. See ya there!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

HOME OF THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION LOS ANGELES KINGS!

Mark Dobson June 13th, 2012 12:41 PM

I wonder if Canon have any plans to disseminate the information from this Workshop.

It looks really interesting.

But a bit hard to attend if you don't live on the West Coast. Or in my case you live in Europe.

I'm hoping that someone will film the event and post it on Vimeo or YouTube or that the information will be published in PDF form.

Jim Martin June 14th, 2012 10:54 AM

I got an email back from Canon Live learning and they have already been working on streaming the Hollywood events....and as soon as they have it, I'll pass on the info. I don't think they'll have it ready for this next event....but you never know.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

HOME OF THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION LOS ANGELES KINGS!

Mark Dobson June 14th, 2012 01:01 PM

Thanks Jim,

Now that Canon are upgrading the 7D Firmware to add audio functionality together with many other fixes I believe that anything is possible.

Enjoy the event.

Simon Denny June 28th, 2012 07:09 PM

Hey, how did this event go? Would have been great to attend but Australia is a long way.

Did anyone shoot this?

Paul Cronin September 27th, 2012 12:53 PM

Good question Simon,

Would love to attend one on the East Coast at Abel or Rule.