DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Importing C300 files into FCP X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/510595-importing-c300-files-into-fcp-x.html)

Craig Donaldson September 9th, 2012 08:57 PM

Importing C300 files into FCP X

Hi, Im having a prick of a time trying to import C300 files into FCP X . Ive downloaded the XF plug in from canon and the file structure seams correct. But no joy , i get a warning message saying ... "CONTENTS" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

????????

Sounds like it hasn't recognised the plug in maybe?
Any help appreciated

Thanks

Craig

Jon Roemer September 10th, 2012 09:05 AM

Re: Importing C300 files into FCP X

Craig - I've imported a lot of C300 footage into FCP X at this point. No problems at all. This was with a 6 yr. old Mac Pro running 10.7 and with a newer MacBook Pro also running 10.7.

Are you working from the CF cards? If not are you working from backups created within FCP X or XF Utility?

One way to double check whether it's the FCP X plug-in would be to open the files in XF Utility. If they can't open there then there is some other issue.

Craig Donaldson September 10th, 2012 02:41 PM

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply.
Ive tried both with the same result. Ive used XF utility and done a back up and I've tried to read straight from the CF card.
If i try and download the plug in again it says I've already got it installed. The files play fine via XF utility or a VLC player but FCP just won't have them.

Im thinking maybe a re install of FCP is the only way to go.....

Thanks

Craig

Jon Roemer September 10th, 2012 03:31 PM

There's a way to delete the plug-in if you want to reinstall it. It can be found here:

Your HD w/the OS>Library>Application Support>ProApps>MIO>RAD>Plugins>CanonXF.RADPlug.

and

Your HD w/the OS>Library>Application Support>ProApps>MIO>RADPlugins>CanonXF64.RADPlug.

Nate Haustein September 10th, 2012 07:20 PM

Hey Craig, just a thought:

Place the directory you're currently working from, "CONTENTS" into another folder you create manually in the finder. Name it whatever you like, SHOOTING_DAY_X or whatever helps you organize.

Then, when Final Cut X asks you to locate the archive you want to open, click the new folder you created, "SHOOTING_DAY_X" one level up from the "CONTENTS" folder and hit the open button.

See if that helps, FCPX may be looking for "CONTENTS" and when you click on the "CONTENTS" folder itself, the program may not see what it wants to inside.

John Gardiner September 12th, 2012 12:24 PM

I had the same issue on a recent gig that was using fcpx. Ended up using a third party re-wrapper called "XfcpX"

Nigel Barker September 16th, 2012 04:00 AM

You need to be running Lion (OSX 10.7) for the Canon XF plugin to work with FCPX.