DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Power for the C100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/516028-power-c100.html)

Tim Allison April 23rd, 2013 09:42 AM

Power for the C100

We are looking into purchasing a C100. As I spec things out, it would be nice to maintain the same battery system across all of our cameras. Right now, we are able to do this with Anton Bauer gold mounts on all of our XDCAM gear.

Is anyone aware of a way to power a C100 with an Anton Bauer mount battery?

Matt Davis April 24th, 2013 12:35 PM

Re: Power for the C100

Hawk Woods have some solutions:

Hawk-Woods Ltd - Canon C300 and EOS 5D/7D Kit

Barry Goyette April 24th, 2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Allison (Post 1792094)
We are looking into purchasing a C100. As I spec things out, it would be nice to maintain the same battery system across all of our cameras. Right now, we are able to do this with Anton Bauer gold mounts on all of our XDCAM gear.

Is anyone aware of a way to power a C100 with an Anton Bauer mount battery?

Looks like Anton Bauer makes a product...the CA940

Frankly though, the canon battery system is so nicely integrated and lightweight, and inexpensive, I can't imagine the need for an outboard battery system other than to power external monitors etc. The basic battery lasts easily 2-3 hours and the extended batteries almost twice that. The problem with outboards on the C design is most of the controls are on the back of the camera, (not to mention the viewfinder --and LCD on the c100) where you'd typically set your battery mount.

Darren Levine April 24th, 2013 07:49 PM

the question is, are you just powering the camera, or also accessories? if just the camera, there's really no reason for anything but canon's own power. the battery that comes with it lasts for over 3 hours! there's an excellent 3rd party battery for $30 which lasts over 5 hours, and it adds far less weight and size to the camera than an external solution

Tim Allison April 25th, 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Goyette (Post 1792360)
Frankly though, the canon battery system is so nicely integrated and lightweight, and inexpensive, I can't imagine the need for an outboard battery system other than to power external monitors etc. The basic battery lasts easily 2-3 hours and the extended batteries almost twice that. The problem with outboards on the C design is most of the controls are on the back of the camera, (not to mention the viewfinder --and LCD on the c100) where you'd typically set your battery mount.

Hmmm.....excellent point, especially about blocking access to the viewfinder.