DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Custom Eyecup for the C100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/521557-custom-eyecup-c100.html)

Andrew Alden Miller February 21st, 2014 05:30 PM

Re: Custom Eyecup for the C100

Thanks Dave! 98% to go, we're almost there!

Chris Malley February 21st, 2014 05:58 PM

Backed with international shipping too!

I'll spread the word to my friends with C100's!

Andrew Alden Miller February 21st, 2014 06:06 PM

The early bird gets the worm Chris! Thanks!

Andy Wilkinson February 22nd, 2014 09:45 AM

Just missed the early bird for the first 20 (well we do have to sleep here in Europe) but I'm now a backer. Posted it on twitter too. Good luck Andrew!

Andrew Alden Miller February 22nd, 2014 09:57 AM

Big thanks Andy. That first 20 went more quickly than I thought. I hope the same is true for the next 1,000,000 or so!

Andrew Maclaurin February 24th, 2014 11:27 AM

Backed. Looking forward to seeing this happen!

Andrew Alden Miller February 27th, 2014 11:10 AM

We did it! Hit the goal in just 5 days. I appreciate all the feedback and support coming from everyone on this thread, sincerely. http://kck.st/1p3ciUQ

Andy Wilkinson February 27th, 2014 11:25 AM

Excellent news!!!

Darren Levine February 27th, 2014 12:10 PM

well i'll be damned. i have to admit i was skeptical of the 8500 number at the start. but then again i was the first backer.

i'll be sure to make a review and post of it once i receive it. do you plan on setting up an order page for post-kickstarter sales?

Rusty Rogers March 10th, 2014 12:40 AM

With the new firmware that moves the magnified view to the EVF, this will make this little bit of plastic invaluable!

Andy Wilkinson March 11th, 2014 08:42 AM

Some nice news from Andrew came into my email inbox today. Head on over to the Kickstarter link earlier in this thread to find out more.

EDIT: Might be easier if I just post the email contents here :-)

……………………..

First of all, thanks to everyone who has backed the project. This is really very cool. I'm super jazzed that we've been funded and that I will be enabled to provide us all with exquisite C-Cups. They're going to be a huge improvement over the existing eyecup, and I think you're all going to love them.

We reached our goal more than a week ago, and in the meantime I've been looking into ways I might sweeten the pot. I found one:

As the above video says, I'd like to send out a chamois with every C-Cup - and if we hit our $15,000 stretch goal I'll do it. So just as soon as you get this message, please post something. Give us a tweet, post it on facebook, or maybe pass it on to some camera ops you know.

C100 users are going to want to see it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what this Kickstarter does when we all make some noise at the same time!

…………………….

Darren Levine March 11th, 2014 12:01 PM

braveheart meets austin powers font.

you're a sick, sick puppy andy. keep it up

Edward Calabig March 11th, 2014 01:56 PM

I had no idea this existed! Immediately backed it haha.

Andrew Alden Miller March 11th, 2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Levine (Post 1836482)
braveheart meets austin powers font.
you're a sick, sick puppy andy. keep it up

It's really true, I am not well. But the project is going as planned, no worries there.

That was the ugliest font that grabbed my eye when I opened the text tool - I just added a little purple. It is kind of Austin Powers, isn't it? And sorry I missed your earlier question here Darren about post-Kickstarter plans. I haven't thought that far ahead honestly. We're going to work on Kickstarter fulfillment immediately, but hopefully yes we will have some post KS sales plan in place by May.

Welcome aboard Edward! Thanks for sharing the post Andy!

Glen Vandermolen March 19th, 2014 04:32 PM

Is it too late to order an eyecup?