DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   First project with the Canon C200 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/535039-first-project-canon-c200.html)

Max Huettermann December 2nd, 2017 03:25 AM

First project with the Canon C200

Hi everyone,

I thought I share my first Project I shot with my new Canon C200.
I used Cinema Raw Light, mostly at 50fps. I used a lot of available light , I had only one LED Light Panel with me and relied completely on the cameras autofocus. I really wanted to try what I can do with minimal crew. Tell me what you think!

I am happy to answer all questions about the camera and my experiences with it.

Max

Nate Haustein December 2nd, 2017 09:05 AM

Re: First project with the Canon C200

Really stellar work. Fantastic shot choices and editing. Thought the image from the camera was excellent too.

Noa Put December 2nd, 2017 10:16 AM

Agree, very nice compositions and good colorgrading.

Bob Safay December 9th, 2017 04:38 PM

Max, that was awesome work. Great cinematography and lighting. The dance was beautiful. What lens were you using? You have shown me what this camcorder can do. Thanks for posting, Bob

Dan Brockett December 11th, 2017 03:13 PM

Just excellent, love the cinematography Max. Concept is strong, talent looks beautiful. Camera movement is excellent too.

I assume shot CRL? Which settings did you use to output from CRD or was Resolve used? What about the grade?

Steve Bleasdale December 14th, 2017 06:37 PM

Just seen this video as i have upgraded to the c200 from 6ds and c100s, I cannot believe the files from this cam, truly amazing, maybe overkill for weddings but i want the best for my 37 weddings in 2018 and my corporate bookings especially liverpool city council who are asking for 4k. So confident my footage will bring on my ever growing story line. good work man... Love the colour grade..

Barry Goyette December 19th, 2017 07:45 PM

Beautiful work Max, and kudos to the team that put this together. Freddy is a real find as an actor and Sylvia's work speaks for itself in letting you all do what you do.

Steven Davis February 8th, 2018 04:36 PM

Hey Max,

Do you have any numbers on the space needed for Raw Light recording?

I'm looking at an external recorder vs C-Fast cards.

TIA

Jon Roemer February 8th, 2018 05:07 PM

Wow, that's incredible! Really nice work.

John Steele February 11th, 2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis (Post 1941123)
Hey Max,

Do you have any numbers on the space needed for Raw Light recording?

I'm looking at an external recorder vs C-Fast cards.

TIA

Hi Stephen,

There are early reports of Cfast to SSD adaptors working with the C200 but RAW recording can only be made to the cfast slot. There is no way to output raw through hdmi or sdi to an external recorder.

John.

Steven Davis February 15th, 2018 08:52 AM

Thanks for that information John. I'm still evaluating the camera. That's a real bummer about the C-fast cards. I just hope they come down in price.

Dan Brockett February 16th, 2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis (Post 1941389)
Thanks for that information John. I'm still evaluating the camera. That's a real bummer about the C-fast cards. I just hope they come down in price.

$299.00 for 34 minutes of CRL is expensive?
https://www.amazon.com/EgoDisk-PRO-2...H5/dvinfo09-20

I have six of them, they have been bulletproof and perfect for six months of shooting (CRL in both 24p and 60p) on two documentaries with the C200.