DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   want to purchase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/474108-want-purchase.html)

Olabode Lawal March 4th, 2010 07:15 AM

want to purchase

am ready to buy the T2i but i checked B&H but they said its out of stock.does anyone know where i can buy one asap.thanks

Fei Meng March 4th, 2010 05:30 PM

Only a few eBay sellers have the body-only package in stock. But the prices are above MSRP. If you want the body plus 18-55mm kit ($900), then Adorama still has stock.

Rusty Rogers March 5th, 2010 09:39 AM

Fry's and Pardees Cameras has the kit locally.
I'm waiting for the bodies to fall!

Tony Nguyen March 8th, 2010 10:12 PM

Any guesses/news as to when the body only will arrive? I asked around and people told me at the stores probably at then end of the month. =(

Arne Johnson March 10th, 2010 12:22 PM

Anyone any luck getting either body or kit yet? Also, I've seen several on EBAY, listed as Japanese version Kiss x4. Any thoughts about problems with getting these? They say they're warranty covered (though I imagine you have to send to Japan) and come from well-regarded sellers. We're just in a bit of a hurry to get one of these for an upcoming shoot, and there doesn't seem to be any reports about imminent release domestically.

Arne Johnson March 10th, 2010 12:27 PM

Also, it looks like there's a kit European version for $899, normal retail price. But you have to buy warranty from that ebay service...

G. Lee Gordon March 10th, 2010 07:18 PM

I bought mine 2 days ago at Fry's.

Brennan Barsell March 10th, 2010 10:48 PM

I pre-ordered the body only from amazon back in mid february...what a mistake. They should at least give an ETA on the shipping.

Michael Hunt March 11th, 2010 03:54 AM

That is awful

Garth Witzel March 11th, 2010 09:11 AM

I ordered mine from B@H the last week of Feb and got it early last week for 875 shipped no tax. Very awesome camera. I did buy the t1i kit a month ago from costco and returned it when i noticed the t2i was being released, glad i did.

David St. Juskow March 11th, 2010 11:44 AM

i ordered from b&h on monday- they said it would be in early next week. my tokina lens, though, who knows when that will come in.

Michael Hunt March 11th, 2010 01:56 PM

Grrrrrrr

I cannot find one online to save my life!

David St. Juskow March 11th, 2010 02:43 PM

call b&h and order directly- the website wouldn't allow an order, but they did.

Michael Hunt March 11th, 2010 04:15 PM

Backorder

The only thing B&H is doing is back orders sheesh!!!!! Sad sad day...

Ethan Thompson March 11th, 2010 06:14 PM

Yea I plan on purchasing one sometime soon, but can't find any either. Argh! I was really hoping to get one in the next few days.

Jason Xuereb March 11th, 2010 06:32 PM

I got mine from digitalrev.com

I'm in Australia and ordered on a Wednesday and received the Friday after. I bought a lense separately locally in Australia. I didn't think I'd get the camera that quick. Still waiting for my lense been a week since I've had my body.

J. Chris Moore March 11th, 2010 10:51 PM

Man, I'm glad I got mine the day they came out. Actually, they were in stock the morning they were released and then later that afternoon the B & H website said they were out of stock. But then later that evening they were in stock again, so I jumped on it then. Weird. I don't think it's any surprise these things have been selling so well.

Michael Hunt March 12th, 2010 11:26 AM

ahhh

Everyone who hasn't got one lets get in a huddle and pray to the Canon God's for a miracle. There is a small camera shop about 2 hrs away with a kit for $1000.00 I was tempted but that's a little steep.

Bryan Cantwell March 12th, 2010 09:52 PM

I bought mine at a local shop a couple of weeks ago. Kit version... Have you checked shops in your area? You never know what you'll find.

David Chilson March 13th, 2010 05:10 AM

Bryan has a good suggestion, I was waiting for the body only and was on a couple of email notification lists as to arrival. Two days ago I got a call from a local shop saying it was in. I was pleasantly surprised.

Michael Hunt March 13th, 2010 10:07 AM

well

Sadly just that one shop has it ib. I guess that is one of the things with living in mississippi. No selection or choice just one local shop trying to overcharge. And that is in Jackson,Ms which is a few hours away.

Tony Nguyen March 13th, 2010 12:42 PM

In stock!

Androma has body only.

Frys is shipping the kit.

It's a rrrrrace... it's a rrrrace...

Jonathan Bufkin March 13th, 2010 02:26 PM

Adorama seems to have camera bodies when no one else does. I purchased my 7d and 5d from them when every other store seemed to be out.

Rusty Rogers March 13th, 2010 11:30 PM

Ordered Mine...

Adorama has them on Saturday night.
Let's see if they last through Monday.

Michael Hunt March 15th, 2010 08:44 AM

gone

I missed both frys shows it in but i called and a rep said they dont carry it anymore period

John Stakes March 15th, 2010 09:09 AM

Just wondering why everyone is in such a hurry to get this camera?? Sheesh you guys are like fiends lol!

Anyhow, if you check Samys they have them from time to time, but they sell out quick. They got a new shipment in last Wednesday that is already gone. Also another tip...at least with Samys; don't pay attention to the online status, give them a phonecall.

Someone mentioned Digital Rev., I believe everytime I checked with them they had body and kit in stock, but I have never purchased from them so I can't speak for their service.

JS

Luke Tingle March 15th, 2010 12:02 PM

Just got one on Adorama..

Michael Simons March 15th, 2010 03:21 PM

I just ordered one from Adorama and I already got the shipping notice.

Richard Hogben March 17th, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Hunt (Post 1499782)
I missed both frys shows it in but i called and a rep said they dont carry it anymore period

Frys wont be stocking them anymore?

Gabe Hoeffken March 17th, 2010 03:53 PM

kit in stock @ Onecall

I got an email earlier today that the kit is in stock at Onecall.

Canon EOS Rebel T2i Kit 18-megapixel Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55 IS Lens, In Stock at OneCall.com

Good luck.

Subbu Vedula March 18th, 2010 06:20 AM

B&H Has Body and Kit

B&H has them both body and Kit version. Just ordered the body

Ethan Thompson March 18th, 2010 08:18 AM

I just ordered mine from Bigdig.com They have one left in stock.

Ethan Thompson March 19th, 2010 08:39 PM

Sorry, I meant to say buydig.com

Leonard Levy March 20th, 2010 11:23 AM

You have to just keep checking the web sites often.

2 days ago i called B&H and adorama and neither had the camera or knew when it would come in . B&H said they had thousands of backorders. a few hours later I casually checked B&H and there it was - Body only - and I grabbed it.

Brennan Barsell March 20th, 2010 12:14 PM

The weird thing is that when I go to the 'body only' pages on b&h and adorama both sites say "this item has not yet arrived"

Jason Lowe March 21st, 2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Levy (Post 1502587)
You have to just keep checking the web sites often.

2 days ago i called B&H and adorama and neither had the camera or knew when it would come in . B&H said they had thousands of backorders. a few hours later I casually checked B&H and there it was - Body only - and I grabbed it.

They must have gotten thousands of them in. Sometimes it's hard to envision the amount of business these places actually do.

Nice to see it's getting into people's hands. Still debating on pulling the trigger on one. If I hadn't sprung for a 40D last spring, this would be a lot simpler.