DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Waiting for Dawn (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/484572-waiting-dawn.html)

Michael Rees September 10th, 2010 11:58 PM

Waiting for Dawn

Hey guys check out the new teaser trailer for a project that I'm doing with my buddy. Here's the link:

YouTube - Waiting for Dawn Teaser

We shot all with one T2i.

Sam Tansey September 11th, 2010 12:07 AM

Is that using the Marvel Cine picture style?

Noa Put September 11th, 2010 01:06 AM

A teaser trailer should get you exited to see more or at least make you very curious but here I don't know what to think of it; I see a guy standing in a library looking scared? then a shot of a part of an empty library and a guy pulling over and getting out of his car...
Don't want to sound negative but I don't get it, what's this movie about?

Michael Rees September 11th, 2010 11:42 AM

Its the super-flat picture style. And Paul Dale - Director - also a buddy of mine wants to save the real trailer and teaser till October before the movie premier. This trailer was mainly just put out to get peoples reactions and thoughts. Thanks though.

Noa Put September 11th, 2010 12:36 PM

If you put out this trailer to get reactions and thoughts, why don't you react to my question?

It was not my intention to speak negative about this trailer but you have to admit that the images shown are very random and hardly tell anything beside the fact that "something" is going on in a library. What reactions and thought are you expecting then?

Michael Rees September 11th, 2010 03:52 PM

I wanted to see what people thought of the shots themselves, not the story. And to see what you thought of the thematic structure of the trailer.

Noa Put September 11th, 2010 04:31 PM

thank you for clarifying, I think with only 3 random very short images it's not possible to form any opinion. I mean the few seconds I saw looked great visually but had no meaning. Don't know for sure what you mean with thematic structure?

Michael Rees September 11th, 2010 09:34 PM

i meant how the trailer was crafted. (music, titles, cool shots)

Man Yip September 11th, 2010 11:25 PM

I see a kid is overwhelmed by the amount of books in a library, the background music indicate that he forgot his library card and he doesn't want to buy the overpriced book at a bookstore, $300 for a Renaissance History for his ART HIS 101a class.

And then some kid in a hat is driving back home in his mom's minivan, the background music make it seems like he is worried about the damage he made to the bumper and concern about he might get yell at.

And then October is the month after September.

Don't know who is Paul Dale but sure he is on fire.

The movie title sounds like a photographer is awake for the whole night and want to capture that one moment before Dawn.