DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Error 70 on Canon 550D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/489904-error-70-canon-550d.html)

Stelios Christofides January 8th, 2011 12:48 PM

Error 70 on Canon 550D

All of a sudden, on my 550D I get occasionally an err 70 on the LCD display saying" Shooting is not possible due to an error. Turn the camera off and on again or re-install the battery"
I do all of the above, even replacing the SDHC card with another make but after a few shots it appears again. If you visit Canon support site it states that err 70 is a "malfunctions related to images have been detected".
Anybody else had this fault?

Luke Gates January 9th, 2011 10:39 PM

I have with magic lantern, you using ML?

Stelios Christofides January 10th, 2011 04:34 AM

No as Magic Lantern is not officially out I am not using it. Most of the times in comes when I am in live view.

John Vincent January 11th, 2011 10:17 AM

Need more data - are you using a 3rd party battery? What type of card are you using? What type of shooting conditions have you been under? How many hours of shooting?

Do you erase you memory card in-camera, or by using a computer?

Give us your total workflow - it might offer a clue...

Stelios Christofides January 11th, 2011 01:42 PM

John, I am using genuine Canon batteries and I have tried 3 different cards (Sandisk, Transcend and Canon). Various shooting conditions, in fact I tried similar conditions as before the fault appeared. I format the card inside the camera , the fault appears only after a few minutes of shooting. In any case I have sent the camera back to Canon and see what they have to say. The camera is only 2 months old so it's still under warranty.

Stelios

Leonard Levy February 17th, 2011 01:10 PM

I just had the same problem . I was using magic lantern. I also had a card in the camera that it turns out was was cracked. Also Canon batts

Colin Rowe February 17th, 2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1606040)
No as Magic Lantern is not officially out I am not using it. Most of the times in comes when I am in live view.

I dont think you will ever see an official version of Magic Lantern. It is not commercial software, it is constantly evolving, with individuals finding a version that is stable and suits there particular needs. Its a wonderful and most welcome enhancement to the 550D, and I thank all those responsible for giving it to us. But to hope and wait for an official version of this hack, is I fear, wishful thinking. It has already proven itself to be extremely stable on cameras worldwide, it can only get better, not official.

Stelios Christofides February 18th, 2011 07:51 AM

Leonard found this for a solution to the error 70:

--power down camera and remove battery
--power down HDMI device or powered adapter
--unplug the HDMI from the body, then plug it back in
--power up HDMI device or powered adapter
--insert battery and power up camera

Stelios