DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Lcdvf (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/492285-lcdvf.html)

Alan Maughan February 25th, 2011 03:32 PM

Lcdvf

I received one today for my 7D and Im really disappointed with it. I have 20/20 vision and I can see the pixels in the LCD, this makes it really difficult for me to pull crisp focus. I would say I can actually do it much easier looking at the LCD without the viewfinder.

Is this normal? I really hoped the LCDVF would make my LCD bigger, crisper and cleaner yet is seems to be the opposite.

I might add there is no plastic on the LCD and everything is clean.

Bill Pryor February 25th, 2011 08:45 PM

Re: Lcdvf

You can have 20-20 vision and still be far sighted or near sighted a bit, and this particular viewer has no diopter adjustment.

Alan Halfhill February 26th, 2011 12:03 AM

I had the same problem with the Z-Finder. Tooooo much magnification. I was looking at pixels not focus. I bought the Hoodman Hoodloupe and it is 1to1 not 3 to 1 like LCDVF and Z-Finder. The Hoodman is less expensive as well.

John Kopec February 28th, 2011 07:42 AM

I believe the LCDVF is 2:1 magnification.
Hmm, I wear contacts, and I can pull focus just fine.

Steve Montoto February 28th, 2011 10:56 AM

If im not mistaken I believe the make 2 versions (3:1 and the 2:1). I like the 2:1 much better. I also pull focus fine.

Steve

Lance Watts February 28th, 2011 02:56 PM

I use the Zacuto 3-1 ZFinder. Initially, it was a bit confusing to be looking at pixels, but I have become used to it and it's now an invaluable focusing tool.

Toenis Liivamaegi March 15th, 2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Maughan (Post 1622133)
I received one today for my 7D and Im really disappointed with it. I have 20/20 vision and I can see the pixels in the LCD, this makes it really difficult for me to pull crisp focus. I would say I can actually do it much easier looking at the LCD without the viewfinder.

Is this normal? I really hoped the LCDVF would make my LCD bigger, crisper and cleaner yet is seems to be the opposite.

I might add there is no plastic on the LCD and everything is clean.

A bit late here but as a creator of LCDVF I must say that we don't get too many complaints like this. (There are more than 11000 happy LCDVF users in existence.)
All LCDVF models have magnification of 220% that is a bit less than Zacuto's 2.5X.
Are you sure the pixels you see are from the actual image and not the GUI/info overlay?

Of all the LCD magnification devices our mag factor was specially created not to be too agressive but it might feel a bit weird at first.

Tõnis Liivamägi

CEO
LCDVF PLC
LCDVF | home
LCDeVF

Andrew Maclaurin March 16th, 2011 01:34 AM

i have to say that i've had the lcdvf over a year now and i've never had a problem with seeing pixels. the only problem i've had has been that the first frame on the back of the camera came off after 10months. it had been very solid until one night of intensive shooting it came off. a bit of a worry but it wasn't a paid shoot and the new one seems well fixed.
toenis, have there been others who have had the frames coming off? should they be replaced every year or so?

Bryan McCullough March 16th, 2011 05:54 PM

I love, love, love my LCDVF.

There have been a couple of shoots where I've forgotten it and I've kicked myself. Shot all day outdoors last week and couldn't have gotten through without it.