DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Neo Scene 1.1.2 (Win) with better 5D support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/144787-neo-scene-1-1-2-win-better-5d-support.html)

Per Kristensen March 11th, 2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume Roques (Post 1025637)
I had similar issues until I activated "fast" playback:

Go to Start->Programs->CineForm->NeoScene->tools->Desktop Playback -- Fast

Guillaume

Now my trial has expired so I dont really have any clips to test it on :(

Per Kristensen March 11th, 2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hahn (Post 1025648)
Also, make sure premiere is set to draft quality display.

I cannot find that setting?

Ray Bell March 11th, 2009 04:26 AM

with Premiere open.... look at the top right corner of the preview screen... there you will see a small arrow . Click on the arrow and lots of display items become available...

including the draft quality display setting.

You should check out each setting as there are some that are important there... like the
scopes for example...

Mark Hahn March 11th, 2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bell (Post 1025908)
with Premiere open.... look at the top right corner of the preview screen... there you will see a small arrow . Click on the arrow and lots of display items become available...

You should check out each setting as there are some that are important there... like the
scopes for example...

On CS3 it's on the right click menu.

Per Kristensen March 11th, 2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bell (Post 1025908)

scopes for example...

No such thing. Mind you this is Elements 7 I am using.

Jay Birch March 11th, 2009 07:11 AM

I get a "format not supported" error message when trying to convert.

Windows XP / 64 bit

Mark Hahn March 11th, 2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Birch (Post 1025946)
I get a "format not supported" error message when trying to convert.

Windows XP / 64 bit

Do you have Quicktime Installed on your PC? Make sure and get the latest.

Andy Todzia March 13th, 2009 07:12 PM

I just installed the trial version of NeoScene on a VISTA 64 bit PC. It does the conversions of the Canon 5D Mark II HD MOV files but when I drag the clips to the Vegas Pro 8.1 timeline all I get is the audio portion. If I double click on a converted AVI file it opens it up in Windows Media Player and it plays fine. Any ideas on why Vegas does not see the video, just the audio?

David Newman March 13th, 2009 07:31 PM

Vegas 8.1 is not compatilible with 32-bit VfW codecs, you need 8.0c.

Andy Todzia March 13th, 2009 07:38 PM

Is CineForm going to have a 64 bit version of NeoScene? Does this mean that if i want to use NeoScene I can't use Vegas Pro 8.1 ? I wonder if anyone can speak to the pros / cons of going backwards to 32 bit Vegas on Vista 64 bit to use NeoScene, or am I better off just staying with Vegas 8.1 and not use NeoScene? This whole video thing is new to me with the 5D, which I bought mainly for it's still picture capability.

David Newman March 13th, 2009 07:45 PM

8.0c and 8.1 are pretty much the same. You are not likely to experience any difference, other than more AVI sources will work (including ours.) We have no immediate plans for the 64-bit of a Video for Windows codec.

Andy Todzia March 13th, 2009 08:14 PM

I just installed Vegas 8.0c and NeoScene seems to work fine as far as the preview displaying smoothly (haven't gotten any further). When I tried to install that suggested free AC3 filter I had an error and it wouldn't install (maybe because I am using Vista 64 bit). I will just be recording in stereo and outputting in stereo, so is there any need for me to even install an AC3 filter?

Mark Hahn March 13th, 2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1027371)
8.0c and 8.1 are pretty much the same. You are not likely to experience any difference, other than more AVI sources will work (including ours.) We have no immediate plans for the 64-bit of a Video for Windows codec.

The mmx and sse extensions to the processor for video processing have always been something very big like 64-bits, 128-bit, or even 256-bits (maybe). The software running at "64-bits" has no real advantage over "32-bits".

It's more complicated than I'm explaining here (not because I'm simplifying, but because I don't really know), but the concept is valid.

David Newman March 13th, 2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hahn (Post 1027382)
The mmx and sse extensions to the processor for video processing have always been something very big like 64-bits, 128-bit, or even 256-bits (maybe). The software running at "64-bits" has no real advantage over "32-bits".

It's more complicated than I'm explaining here (not because I'm simplifying, but because I don't really know), but the concept is valid.

Agreed, CineForm uses 128-bit instructions for media processing. "64-bit" is an addressing thing so applications can use more then 4GB at once -- we don't need that.

David Newman March 13th, 2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Todzia (Post 1027378)
I just installed Vegas 8.0c and NeoScene seems to work fine as far as the preview displaying smoothly (haven't gotten any further). When I tried to install that suggested free AC3 filter I had an error and it wouldn't install (maybe because I am using Vista 64 bit). I will just be recording in stereo and outputting in stereo, so is there any need for me to even install an AC3 filter?

Most of these cameras encode stereo as AC3, we use any AC-3 decoder to decompress the audio, but systems not have a decoder installed that is way we recommend this filter.