DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Thought you guys/gals might like this one (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/145218-thought-you-guys-gals-might-like-one.html)

Ray Bell March 5th, 2009 09:31 PM

Thought you guys/gals might like this one

Looks like a lot of fun...

Powder Mountain Perspective on Vimeo

Ray Bell March 5th, 2009 10:03 PM

Ok.. well how about this one then...

1st 5DMKII edit on Vimeo

Charles W. Hull March 5th, 2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bell (Post 1023093)
Ok.. well how about this one then...

That's better. The first one reminded me I'm not young enough to do Utah powder anymore.

Marcus Marchesseault March 6th, 2009 12:30 AM

I've been saying that a small camera with a big chip would change everything for years.

How did you mount the camera? Were the guys just holding it while skiing like that?

Jon Fairhurst March 6th, 2009 12:45 AM

Great ski video. The wide lens was perfect for the task. What rolling shutter?

I would have liked to have seen the original, pre-Vimeo footage.

Dylan Couper March 6th, 2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bell (Post 1023065)
Looks like a lot of fun...

Powder Mountain Perspective on Vimeo

Meh, I shot the same thing at Big White last weekend...

...except Big White hadn't had snow in 3 weeks and sucked... so it just left me pissed off. :)

Vladimir Chaloupka March 6th, 2009 12:04 PM

Love both of them!
Powder Mountain was awesome--the only problem now is that I want to buy that fish eye lens!!

Bill Binder March 6th, 2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1023164)
Great ski video. The wide lens was perfect for the task. What rolling shutter?

I would have liked to have seen the original, pre-Vimeo footage.

Are you downloading the originally uploaded video? It's obviously not the source shots, but it's WAY BETTER than watching it streamed off vimeo. Anything that you really want to watch on Vimeo should be downloaded this way IMHO. The difference can be seriously dramatic, if not just because the 30p to 24p stutter goes away (I think). Which by the way is why I hate Vimeo for 5D2 footage, that 24p thing just ruins every streamed video IMHO.

Julian Frost March 6th, 2009 07:25 PM

There's a link to a "de-fished" version too which makes it look even faster.

Julian

Jon Fairhurst March 7th, 2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Binder (Post 1023433)
Are you downloading the originally uploaded video?

Thanks for the tip. That's MUCH better.

I'd bet a lot of people see the Vimeo streaming version and think that the 5D MkII codec is crummy. Frankly, it holds up great. The download and streaming versions are night and day apart.

Bill Binder March 8th, 2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1024001)
Thanks for the tip. That's MUCH better.

I'd bet a lot of people see the Vimeo streaming version and think that the 5D MkII codec is crummy. Frankly, it holds up great. The download and streaming versions are night and day apart.

For streaming, I personally don't understand why more people don't render out a downrezzed version of their footage (say 640x360 or so). It'll stream well and run smoothly at 30p. Also, and I've said this before, I think Blip.tv is way underrated. If you render a swf directly off your source at 640x360p30 at under 1mbs, you can upload that to Blip and they'll just stream the exact file you uploaded (no transcoding). I haven't found any other site that won't transcode, let alone a 1mbs file (I think there are a few that won't transcode really low bit rate files, maybe even youtube, but blip.tv rules IMHO).

Paulo Teixeira March 9th, 2009 12:15 AM

Here’s one that I found yesterday.
Cannon 5D Mark II on Vimeo

Jon Fairhurst March 9th, 2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira (Post 1024675)
Here’s one that I found yesterday.
Cannon 5D Mark II on Vimeo

"íCinco D!"