DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   LCDVF from Toenis (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/239892-lcdvf-toenis.html)

Tom Daigon July 28th, 2009 07:10 AM

LCDVF from Toenis

I just got the email to make my purchase of the LCDVF. Thanks you Toenis and crew!

Chris Hurd July 28th, 2009 12:42 PM

Refers to LCD ViewFinder for Canon 5D Mark II - $169! -- from DV Info Net member Toenis Liivamaegi.

Jim Miller July 28th, 2009 03:03 PM

too bad it doesn't have a diopter adjustment for those of us that have to wear glasses.

Ryan Mueller July 28th, 2009 08:21 PM

Just sent an inquiry email to the address on their site and received an automated reply instantly notifying me of cancellation of my pre-order? Are they just not accepting pre-orders yet?

Tom Daigon July 28th, 2009 10:14 PM

Preorder

As far as I know they have been accepting preorders for the last month or so.
I seem to recall Toenis saying there first run of the product was 300 items. Maybe they already got 300 preorders?

Nigel Barker July 28th, 2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Mueller (Post 1177996)
Just sent an inquiry email to the address on their site and received an automated reply instantly notifying me of cancellation of my pre-order? Are they just not accepting pre-orders yet?

I would guess that the mail auto-responder is supposed to be set up to acknowledge cancellation emails but is replying to any & all mails.

Daniel Ridicki July 29th, 2009 01:22 AM

diopter adjustment

Can't believe diopter adjustment is not provided. Well, they've certainly lost me as a customer.

Tom Daigon July 31st, 2009 05:48 PM

Toenis...how long does it take to ship from Estonia to Las Vegas :-)

Nigel Barker August 28th, 2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Daigon (Post 1179350)
Toenis...how long does it take to ship from Estonia to Las Vegas :-)

I would hope that it's not as long as from Estonia to France. I ordered & paid $181 using PayPal on 28th July on the promise "To be shipped in 7-28 days". Now it is 32 days later & I have received no LCDVF nor any explanation for the delay. I have raised a dispute with PayPal because of non-delivery but there has still been no response.

There has been zero communication regarding this delay in shipping. For all I know they have taken the money & disappeared. This is no way to treat customers & I would warn anyone else who is considering sending these guys money to think again

Chris Hurd August 29th, 2009 07:00 AM

"They" / "these guys"

This person has a name, it is Toenis Liivamaegi, and he is your fellow forum member.

Toenis just logged in here yesterday and posted as recently as Aug. 23rd, so it is
probably safe to say that he has not absconded with your money and the problem
most likely lies elsewhere (not to mention that he's been a member here longer than
you have). You should exhaust all possible avenues before accusing someone in a
public forum like this.

Perceived injustice on your part does not entitle you to react this way...

Always assume the good faith of others here. I insist.

Nigel Barker August 29th, 2009 07:51 AM

I did finally get a reply after raising a dispute with PayPal. I knew that Tonis was associated with this enterprise but not that he was in fact a one man band & totally responsible. I paid money to someone or something called Autonomicum OÜ not to Toenis Liivamaeg It particularly worried me when I discovered that the contact information on the PayPal transaction was for a junk domain:-
Quote:

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: www.cinedof.com
Customer Service Email: info@cinedof.com
For anyone else waiting for delivery here is the message that I got:-

Quote:

Sorry for your inconvinience.
Unfortunately yours will be shipped out on 3th of September. It will be the new and rugged model.... Our media partners haven't delivered our new website so all the news are on [another] forum only for now.
Somehow I can't find your name in my incoming mail please send all correspondance to info@lcdvf.com to be sure you get the latest news etc.
Hopefully it will all work out.
All the best,
Tonis
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything except poor communication. Correction not poor but zero communication. It's a simple matter to send an email to your customers who have already paid but are waiting for delivery explaining the delay. The idea that I should have been looking in yet another forum for information is laughable. I would still urge anyone else contemplating sending money to think again.

Chris Hurd August 29th, 2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1284758)
The idea that I should have been looking in yet another forum for information is laughable.

Agreed. And since we're not concerned with or responsible for other forum sites elsewhere on the
web, this subject is now closed and I'll most likely withdraw the whole thing from public view shortly.