DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   started using the Magic Lantern (unified) beta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/507682-started-using-magic-lantern-unified-beta.html)

Federico Perale May 10th, 2012 03:56 AM

started using the Magic Lantern (unified) beta

I really really like it...

still I have a few issues some bigger than others

the most important one is that the camera does seem to get warmer quicker... the temp of the CMOS sensor jumps to around 75C after a few minutes of liveview, but I also feel the camera getting warmer on the right side.... a bit worrying really? or is this expectable?

secondly, a few functions don't seem to work, but I was expecting that (like focus rack)

also, the firmware doesn't seem to be fully stable, as I've noticed that a few functions who were working yesterday (like being able to trigger video record using half-shutter and pretty much any other button) no longer do today - also the ability to toggle from follow focus to adjusting ISO and exposure, or volume using the style button used to work, but no longer does now (that is REALLY frustrating): actually I'd really like to know how to get that back - I can now only do it during recording, which is not that useful

finally, has someone understood how to fully uninstall ML? I am not sure if I can just re-format the card, or I also need to wipe the 5D again?

thanks
Fed

Donald McPherson May 10th, 2012 05:41 AM

Re: started using the Magic Lantern (unified) beta

A full format of the card will remove ML as the autoexec file runs from the card. But you will still have a little bit left in the camera memories. That I don't know how to remove. Once the card is formatted though you can use the camera as normal. I am sure someone will come along and tell you how to remove the program that tells Canon to boot from the card. Might be as simple as reload firmware. Best wait for someone in the know.

John Gerard August 5th, 2012 03:08 PM

Re: started using the Magic Lantern (unified) beta

i have not tried this or installed ML as of yet, waiting for the next release. i did read that someone say that reinstalling the Canon firmware would clear everything out of memory.

John Gerard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federico Perale (Post 1732504)
I really really like it...

still I have a few issues some bigger than others

the most important one is that the camera does seem to get warmer quicker... the temp of the CMOS sensor jumps to around 75C after a few minutes of liveview, but I also feel the camera getting warmer on the right side.... a bit worrying really? or is this expectable?

secondly, a few functions don't seem to work, but I was expecting that (like focus rack)

also, the firmware doesn't seem to be fully stable, as I've noticed that a few functions who were working yesterday (like being able to trigger video record using half-shutter and pretty much any other button) no longer do today - also the ability to toggle from follow focus to adjusting ISO and exposure, or volume using the style button used to work, but no longer does now (that is REALLY frustrating): actually I'd really like to know how to get that back - I can now only do it during recording, which is not that useful

finally, has someone understood how to fully uninstall ML? I am not sure if I can just re-format the card, or I also need to wipe the 5D again?

thanks
Fed