DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Resale value of a GL2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/102793-resale-value-gl2.html)

Keith Luken September 4th, 2007 06:38 AM

Resale value of a GL2?

OK I started to get into video 4 years ago and got a GL2 with a bunch of accessories. I had a few gigs, but really spent my time on my photography, thus the video work took a back seat. My GL2 has less than 100 hours on it and looks new. Was wondering what kind of resale a GL2 has in today's market with HD coming on so strong? I'm debating on selling all my videe gear and accessories. Is e-bay the best place to sell this type of gear or is there a more specialized place to maximize my resale?

Ger Griffin September 4th, 2007 07:08 AM

I sold mine in the local paper recently,
it had only 9hrs use
I looked for €1600 and got €1500 (euro) (nearly $2000) for it.
needless to say I was very happy with that.
There was quite a lot of interest in it as it is still
a current canon camera on the market.
Make sure you tell any potential cusomers this.
Tell them you are upgrading to HD for business purposes.

Chris Harris September 4th, 2007 10:49 PM

The GL2 seems to be holding its value extremely well. New, it's available for about $1800 after mail-in rebate. It's my opinion that you could definitely get $1500 out of it, and possibly, depending on your accessories, that you could approach $2000.

Stephen Sobel September 5th, 2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harris (Post 739391)
The GL2 seems to be holding its value extremely well. New, it's available for about $1800 after mail-in rebate. It's my opinion that you could definitely get $1500 out of it, and possibly, depending on your accessories, that you could approach $2000.

I'm also planning on selling my GL-2, in order to help pay to upgrade to the XH-A1. Do you think the $1,500 to $2,000 is possible on EBay?

Chris Harris September 11th, 2007 07:59 PM

I took a look on ebay and couldn't see anything selling higher than $1300. Why don't you try selling on these forums first?

Philippe Messier September 11th, 2007 09:07 PM

Hi,

Just to let you know,... i have bought a GL2 (with around 80 hrs ont the heads) with a hard case and a big battery(6hrs one) for 1150 us $ almost 9 month ago.

Even if it is still a great camera,... i would personnaly never pay more than that for another one (actually i would not pay more than 1000$ at that point in time with HD now so strong).

Then again, since the camera is still sold by canon,...you might be getting 1200-1300ish$

Good luck,

Philippe

Josh Chesarek September 11th, 2007 09:19 PM

I got ~$1300 for my GL2 with the canon Wide Angle on Ebay a month ago with a good amount of useage on the camera. Seems to be the norm. Considering the camera had all ready paid for its self a few times over I was happy.

Denny Bryant September 13th, 2007 12:35 PM

I gave pretty close to $1400 for mine a month or so ago .. it was used with a wide angle lens (with lens hood), standard batt., extended life batt., UV filter, & all original acc.

Steven Davis September 13th, 2007 12:41 PM

I would defenitely state in your ad that the camera is still a strong SD contender, especially in low light.

I think I'll be buried with my GL2.

Denny Bryant September 13th, 2007 01:26 PM

BTW, I bought mine from a user here on the dvinfo.net forum.

So any idea on how much you are gonna ask for it? :-)

Yang Wen October 29th, 2007 01:03 PM

I'm trying to remember what I paid for my GL2 almost two years ago... I think it was ~$1800.. I see it for sale now for $1900 New..

Am I correct? The price for the GL2 did not change? I think this might be the time I cash out on the GL2.. and use it towards a XHA1..

My GL2 is in perfect condition BTW, used it as a backup camera for my weddings.. probably only 20-30hrs on it total..

Keith Luken November 1st, 2007 08:29 PM

OK so I decided to clear out my video gear, I have been too much into still photgraphy and this stuff has been gather dust.

What do you guys thisnk this is worth? And where is best place to get rid of it quick? Would you think $1800-ish is decnet for all this?

Canon GL2 in MINT condition, less than 50 hours on it!

Complete with following accessories as a bundle (also MINT condition):

Two Canon BP945 batteries
Canon CH-910 dual battery charger
Canon VL-10li light

Audio Technica AT897 Shotgun mic (used less than 8 hours)

Libec M20 Tripod
Varizoom Pro Controller
GL2 custom hard plastic carrying case