DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Anyone gotten their rebate yet ??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/23295-anyone-gotten-their-rebate-yet.html)

Nick Jushchyshyn March 21st, 2004 12:54 PM

Anyone gotten their rebate yet ???

Anyone out there that bought their GL2 or XL1s at the end of last year get their rebate checks yet ??

I got an email confirming that I qualified and all, but never got a check. It's been a good 3-4 months now.

Graham Bernard March 21st, 2004 02:39 PM

. . squeeky wheel time I guess . . .

Joel Ruggiero March 21st, 2004 07:55 PM

got mine for xmas nothing yet

Steve Iacono March 22nd, 2004 01:41 AM

same here got it around xmas still no rebate

Jim OMalley March 22nd, 2004 07:02 PM

I also got my camera at the end of December, and submitted the rebate application at that time. I finally called Canon last week and asked them about my rebate status -- they were very cooperative and told me I would get the check within 10 days. It arrived today.

One caution -- the check comes as a small and flimsy postcard. It would be very easy to toss it out with the junk mail! Watch for it.

Nick Jushchyshyn March 22nd, 2004 08:27 PM

VERY good to know!
Thanks!!!
Have fun.

Steve Olds March 23rd, 2004 05:58 AM

Mine was sent in on Nov. 11th and the check came just a few days after Valentines Day. The check came in an envlope marked Hqheadquarters or something close to that. Not a flashy envlope tho. Good luck to all.

Try this site to check on your rebate.

www.rebateshq.com

Don Palomaki March 23rd, 2004 04:40 PM

Some rebates arrive, look like junk mail. I've come close to tossing one or two in the past.

Richard Alvarez March 23rd, 2004 04:44 PM

Saw a news report a few years back. Talked about how much money was made by selling gift s\certificates that are never used... and SENDING REBATE CHECKS THAT LOOK LIKE JUNK MAIL.

Oh, what sad times are these.

Jim OMalley March 23rd, 2004 04:58 PM

When I received my "postcard check," it struck me how easily the thing could have been stuck in between the pages of the numerous catalogs and other junk mail flyers that come in the mail every day. I could have thrown it out without ever seeing it! If you're still expecting a rebate, make sure you examine your mail carefully so you don't accidentally trash the check.

George Brackett III March 24th, 2004 05:57 AM

I would have hoped Canon was above this sort of thing....

Tim Frank March 24th, 2004 10:20 PM

Manufacturer's never send out their own rebates, the always outsource it to a rebate agency of somekind that does this sleezy kind of stuff...not to mention take forever for something that if it was done in a well-organized business would take a matter of a day or so.

George Brackett III March 25th, 2004 05:21 AM

That's a pretty lame excuse. The manufacturer sold you the product, offered the rebate, and is responsible for you receiving it.

Tim Frank March 25th, 2004 06:56 AM

Well, I'm sorry that's not the way it works...look at any other rebate you've ever gotten, the manufacturer never sends it out nomatter what you may think.

George Brackett III March 25th, 2004 07:56 AM

So they basically don't give a damn? C'mon Frank!