DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   GL2 vs XL1S vs PD 150 vs ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/8589-gl2-vs-xl1s-vs-pd-150-vs.html)

Randy Turner April 12th, 2003 12:59 PM

GL2 vs XL1S vs PD 150 vs ?

Hi im new to digital video and am going to purchase a GL2 I have read alot of these threads and seems the GL2 has everything i need and is lowest cost but just to make sure :-) im going to be using this to shoot tv commercials and music videos if anyone here has advise on what would work best for this i was told all of them would but the GL2 is user friendly and does the same job also is there anything i should think of buying before the production starts as far as extras not included etc.
Thanks .
Randy Turner.
P. S . I love this forum good people very informative for a newbee film maker :-)

Chris Hurd April 12th, 2003 04:49 PM

Hi Randy,

<< is there anything i should think of buying before the production starts as far as extras not included etc. >>

See my article, Top Five Canon GL2 Accessories

Randy Turner April 12th, 2003 06:36 PM

GL2 vs XL1S vs PD 150 vs ?

Hi Chris Thanks for the info , im Glad to hear The GL2 will work for The commercial and video productions and I found one for 2469.00 with the accessorys you listed :-).
Randy.

Randy Turner April 15th, 2003 06:18 PM

got my GL2 but much cheaper price :-)

well I did it i bought the GL2 but when i went to buy it i came accross another site 5starselecronics selling it for 1795.00 oh no must be grey market ! nope site says usa model with canon 1 yr warrenty which is now 2yr from Canon , well i called them and they said it was in stock and told me to order in from the site so i did and went with the next day delivery so they couldnt pull one of those 4 week deals on me :-) ill let you know how it all truns out in a few days :-)
Randy.

Randy Turner April 17th, 2003 07:11 PM

to good to be true lol

well after all that ! the company called me and tried to sell me extras for the GL2 and after about 30 secs I asked if they have sent my camcorder yet and they said it was on back order 3 - 4 weeks grrrrrrrr they told me when i purchased the thing it was in stock ! the name of the company is ( 5startelectonics ) based in ny WARNING DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIERS AND SCAM ARTISTS ! WHAT A WAIST OF MY TIME ! i cancelled the order then blocked my credit card from them , I hate people like that !

Nick Kerpchar April 18th, 2003 05:01 AM

Randy,
You didn't do your homework. If you had researched this site you would have learned that this forum has several outstanding and reputable sponsors who offer very competitive pricing on equipment. You're lucky to have caught the tricksters early on.

Remember folks, "If it sounds too good to be true, don't go down that road!"

Hope you do get that GL2, it's a good cam. Nick

David Martin April 18th, 2003 05:35 AM

Where to buy GL2

I have found that B&H in NY has always been reputable. Over the years I have bought a lot of equipment from them, and they have become a main source to most of the camera clubs in New England. They are ethical and honest. They sell at the advertised price, and if they something is in stock it is. Everything you buy from them also comes with everything you need, and, everything arrives on time as promised. I can't recommend B&H in NY highly enough. In fact, I just got my GL2 from them.

Aaron Koolen April 25th, 2003 05:14 PM

Randy, I'll just reiterate to make sure it sinks in. Ask people on forums like this who you should buy from, because no doubt they've all come across wankers who'll rip you off and also good people. And as always if you want good service and prices without the stress, buying from any of the sponsors here will set you right.

Cheers
Aaron