DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Shortages in Europe (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/79695-shortages-europe.html)

Jonathan Phillips November 15th, 2006 11:36 AM

Shortages in Europe

Hi

Has anyone else found that most places in Europe (UK) at least have sold out of the HV10 and dates of when they are expected in stock again just keep getting pushed further back.
I'm quite worried that one I have ordered for Christmas won't be here in time considering the dates have been pushed back weeks at a time and now showing end Nov at the earliest.

Trevor Neal November 17th, 2006 02:44 AM

I ordered my HV10 by phone on 2nd October, the day Canon launched them in the UK, from Kamera Altrincham Tel: 0161 926 9837 (they trade on the web as equipmentexpress.co.uk) and it arrived at noon the next day. I predicted one of two things would happen - either the market would flood and the price would plummet very quickly or, more likely, initial stocks would fly off the shelves, Canon would be caught with their trousers down, and we would have a HV10 famine which could extend beyond Christmas.

As I am off to the Galapagos Islands next week, I could not risk waiting to see if prices would hit a "sweet spot". I needed an ultra-portable camcorder that would allow me to capture "once in a lifetime" footage at the highest possible quality. I also needed time for training and practice as I am a total n00b to video. The HV10 is not a "point 'n shoot" device, you only get out what you are prepared to put in if you are searching for perfection (see my Emporer's New Clothes post)

I had a look at my suppliers website this morning and he doesn't say he is out of stock. I got the free genuine Canon case along with a free Fuji tape and free nextday delivery. Somewhat more irritatingly, I see he has also dropped his price from £849.99 to £819.99!!

Hope you do get to film the school nativity play this year.

Enrico Sasso November 17th, 2006 03:39 AM

Hi Trevor,

You payd 849,99 pounds equal to about 1254 Euro and you are irritate
the price dropped now of 30 pounds.

Think to my irritation, when my office colleague was in Tokyo 3 weeks ago where the actual price to Yodobashi shop of HV10 is 138.000 Yen adding also a bonus of an extra discount 12 % to use for a separate purchasing, that so means about 820 Euro equal to 556 pounds !

I imagine the question coming in your mind: why you haven't bought it ?
They sell only the NTSC type...........:(

For your pleasure visit the following website: www.yodobashi.com
it's only in japanise language, ehm.... but put on the search bar, canon ivis hv10 .............

ES

Enrico Sasso December 5th, 2006 03:25 AM

Hello ,

before Christmas I'll have a trip to Australia with a stop to Dubai airport.

Someone of you experienced to Dubai airport duty free and have some feedback on price of HV10 ?

Many thanks.

ES

Bruce S. Yarock December 6th, 2006 08:36 AM

I bought mine at B+H for $1099 and two days later they dropped the price to $999. I still love the camera. I've mainly been using it to capture hdv footage shot on my XLH1 and Sony FX1. I did take it out for a spin and did some shooting. When I managed to keep still and steady, I got some beautifull footage. Hard to believe that such an incredible image come out of such a little piece of gear.
I followed the advice of someone who posted, and leave it in program mode, and TV.That way, you set the shutter, and by hitting the exposure button, open or close the iris.Hit the focus button and control focus by the same little wheel used for iris, etc. I think the function button allows you access to shutter, wb, etc. Apparantly, there's no way to control the gain.
I also bought, for $40, a set of 3 filters-uv,polarizer and "warmer".I think an nd filter is imperative, and it looks like canon carries one. I see that they also offer a screw on wide angle adapter.
Anyways, it's a great little camera.
Bruce Yarock
www.yarock.com

Fergus Anderson December 6th, 2006 09:20 AM

I got mine from EquipmentExpress.co.uk for £820 - Im sure it will go down but Im happy with it!

Enrico Sasso December 6th, 2006 09:41 AM

I can see there is a big difference on prices between US-Japan and Europe.

It's very strange the price in Europe is more than 50% higher than US and Japan ( about 750 Euros compared to about 1250 Euros ).

I'll check price at Dubai airport duty free, if they will have a PAL type.

ES