B&H Taking Orders! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 21st, 2007, 07:04 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi Yow Siang,

I see you write from Singapore.
Why are you interested to buy a PAL version of HV20 that should available at the shops there?
If I'm not going wrong in Singapore there should be 50 Hz frequency network,
so should be sold the PAL version.
Same should be also in Hong Kong.
Isn't not so ?

P.se inform me because it's also my intention to buy the HV20 PAL version there and I wish to pay it at the equivalent Japan and USA market price of NTSC version.
In Europe the PAL version will cost about 1300 Euro, while in US the NTSC version will cost 1100 USD, about 800 Euro.

BR
Enrico
Enrico Sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM   #17
Regular Crew

yes indeed it would be sold here but sometimes it is rather slow for newer models to arrive as BHphoto has the latest fastest...:)
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM   #18
Regular Crew

In Tokyo (Yodobashi ) the HV20 NTSC will cost about 130.000 Yen.
What about the prices at Singapore shops ?

If still the HV20 isn't yet priced there, p.se let me know the actual price of HV10.

Thanks
Enrico Sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I was told by a local camera store today that the HV20 is shipping NOW. Can anyone confirm? B&H is not showing them in stock, and I thought we had a few more weeks to go.
C.S. Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Buys View Post
Poor lightning conditions aside, any guesses on whether that 1/2.7 chip will still look good in SD as compared to my beater sony vx1000?
Should look much sharper in SD than the VX-1000. I always liked the VX-1000's color renditions and I'm not sure it will be as good in that respect.

Best wishes,
Peter
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I was in B&H this morning and asked when the HV20 would be in stock. The guy said it was supposed to be the end of March, but that they were expecting them earlier than that.
Chris Sorensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sorensen View Post
I was in B&H this morning and asked when the HV20 would be in stock. The guy said it was supposed to be the end of March, but that they were expecting them earlier than that.
That would be awesome!
I've been looking into it locally and nobody seems to know for sure. Word is that it will be available before April though.

Can't wait!

Mike
Old February 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I spoke with my local Canon camera guy again today. He says that according to computer inventory, the HV20 is now in stock at their U.S. distributor. But he needs to speak with someone to confirm. If this pans out, he says I should have one next week!

Last edited by C.S. Michael; February 28th, 2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Proper sentence structure is important.
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Michael View Post
I spoke with my local Canon camera guy again today. He says that according to computer inventory, the HV20 is now in stock at their U.S. distributor. But he needs to speak with someone to confirm. If this pans out, he says I should have one next week!
I work about a 20 minute walk to B&H...so if they have it in stock that quickly...I will have a heck of a nice birthday next week!
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:08 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Update: no launch next week....late March shipment of HV20, MAYBE a little early.

But a price of $925 was confirmed.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:57 AM   #26
Regular Crew

$925? where at? i'm in!
Jaser Stockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:04 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Jaser, I will email you details. I was pleasantly surprised to see the price come in below the HV10.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM   #28
Major Player

What happens if you already pre-ordered for $1099 ? do they give you a credit back?
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM   #29
Major Player

The camera is out April 1st...not now. As for the price, someone showing an extreamly low price in comparison to B&H or ourselves, is and always has been a big red flag. The price is probably from "Crooklyn" and grey market AND they most likely won't have them for a while. This type of stuff has been pointed out many times on this board.

Jim Martin
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM   #30
Regular Crew

That price is from my local dealer (a totally legit brick-and-mortar establishment), not from one of the Crooklyn outfits. I was very surprised that they came in lower than B&H. They are requiring a 25% deposit to secure the price.

Who knows...maybe the HV20 "street price" will actually be lower than $1099. This certainly appears to be the case.
C.S. Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders