DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Question about WD-h43 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/91528-question-about-wd-h43.html)

John Godden April 14th, 2007 07:45 PM

Question about WD-h43

Greetings

Can someone measure (preferably with a digital caliper) the outer diameter of the WD-H43.

I plan to order and then mount (epoxy??) a filter adapter to the 'snout' of this pup. However, I won't have a H43 in my hands until the end of next week.............. don't want to wait to get the filter adapter ordered.

Thanks
JohnG

Jaser Stockert April 22nd, 2007 09:29 PM

John, were you able to find the answer to this? i'm looking for a mattebox/sunshade to fit the wide angle adaptor. thanks.

John Godden April 22nd, 2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaser Stockert (Post 665393)
John, were you able to find the answer to this? i'm looking for a mattebox/sunshade to fit the wide angle adaptor. thanks.

Hi Jaser

No. :-(

Unfortunately, the adapter was returned (by UPS) to Amazon because it was "undeliverable". Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I don't have a clue why that happened. Really ticked me off actually. :(

In the mean time I've been spending all of my "free" time researching and ordering parts for my editing machine.............. so I haven't looked for a replacement. Will do that sometime this coming week.

The idea of a mattebox/sunshade sounds GREAT!!! I'd be very interested in any ideas you have. I've thought of building one myself. ???

JohnG

Steve Montoto April 22nd, 2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaser Stockert (Post 665393)

I use the Cinetactics with mine, seems to fit well since its adjustable.

http://www.cinetactics.com/

Its cheap and very portable.

Jaser Stockert April 22nd, 2007 09:45 PM

steve, thanks! i've been looking all over google for these guys since i forgot the company name. so you currently use it w/ the WD-H43? how well does it fit? would love to see photos. =) thanks again!

Steve Montoto April 22nd, 2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaser Stockert (Post 665405)
steve, thanks! i've been looking all over google for these guys since i forgot the company name. so you currently use it w/ the WD-H43? how well does it fit? would love to see photos. =) thanks again!

Hey,

Yeah it fits pretty good, the wide end of the WD-H43 is just enough to fit it snug. I will upload a few pics tomorrow of my setup.

Steve

John Godden April 22nd, 2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Montoto (Post 665410)
Hey,

Yeah it fits pretty good, the wide end of the WD-H43 is just enough to fit it snug. I will upload a few pics tomorrow of my setup.

Steve

Steve

GREAT find!

JohnG

Steve Montoto April 22nd, 2007 10:31 PM

My Hv20 Pics

4 Attachment(s)
Here are my HV20 Pics.

Take care.

Steve

Guy Bruner April 23rd, 2007 05:17 AM

Have you looked into the Cavision LH77 hood? It might clamp onto the outer lens barrel.

Tim Homola April 23rd, 2007 07:02 AM

The OD on the WD-H43 is 2.9345". And yes, I'm serious. ;)

Jaser Stockert April 23rd, 2007 07:23 AM

thanks for the photos steve! looks good to me! is that the matteblox dv or HD? i assume no vignetting?

guy, thanks for the LH77 suggestion. i'm wondering also if it will be able to clamp onto the wide angle. there are photos here w/ it on a 55mm raynox wide angle:

http://www.pana3ccduser.com/showthread.php?p=86921

thanks for the dimensions tim. wondering what the front side is equivalent to in mm?....

Guy Bruner April 23rd, 2007 09:07 AM

I believe that comes out to be 74.5mm. Might be a tad too small for the LH77 which I believe is designed to mount to a 77mm diameter lens. However, you might be able to snug it with some tape around the lens barrel.

Steve Montoto April 23rd, 2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaser Stockert (Post 665589)
thanks for the photos steve! looks good to me! is that the matteblox dv or HD? i assume no vignetting?

Your assumption is correct... =) and it is the Mattebox DV version, I originally bought it for my VX2000, so I already had it, you might want to ask them if the HD version is better, because it wasnt offered when I bought mine.

Take care,

Steve

Peter J Alessandria April 23rd, 2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Montoto (Post 665434)
Here are my HV20 Pics.

Take care.

Steve

Steve - which audio adapter are you using? The "Rover" is just a housing correct?

Steve Montoto April 23rd, 2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter J Alessandria (Post 665765)
Steve - which audio adapter are you using? The "Rover" is just a housing correct?

Hi Peter,

The Rover that I have is called the Ultimate Rover... It has the Beachtek XLR Adapter built in the Post, I purchased it a few years back for use with my VX2000 and its been a godsend for me. I like the fact that its compact with out too much stuff to worry about, plus I use the post as a hand grip for stabilization. I think you can still find them at videosmith I think.

Take care,

Steve