DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Intensity now supports HV20 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/95892-intensity-now-supports-hv20.html)

Kristian Lam June 6th, 2007 02:20 AM

Intensity now supports HV20

Hi guys,

We've just released the v1.5 driver for Intensity (Mac and Windows 32-bit). This release supports the Canon HV20. Sorry about the wait.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/

David Garvin June 6th, 2007 04:02 AM

Excellent news. Thanks for the post, Kristian.

Ray Bell June 6th, 2007 04:45 AM

When will the Pro version begin to ship... your website still says May...

Thanks for the update for the HV20....

Alex Raskin June 6th, 2007 05:06 AM

Kristian, I tried Intensity (not Pro version) with drivers v 1.4 and it did not work.

(the card itself did not; nothing to do with hv20... the card simply would not see the hdmi video source like sony v1u...)

Had to downgrade to v 1.2 and it worked.

Is this issue fixed in v 1.5?

Kristian Lam June 6th, 2007 06:40 AM

Intensity Pro has shipped. Some customers are already using it.

Kristian Lam June 6th, 2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Raskin (Post 692659)
Kristian, I tried Intensity (not Pro version) with drivers v 1.4 and it did not work.

(the card itself did not; nothing to do with hv20... the card simply would not see the hdmi video source like sony v1u...)

Had to downgrade to v 1.2 and it worked.

Is this issue fixed in v 1.5?

Hi Alex,

I'm actually not aware of this issue at all. Could you please try the v1.5 drivers and let me know. If necessary, log a support request using this address:

support[at]blackmagic-design.com

Thanks.

Daymon Hoffman June 6th, 2007 07:19 AM

Thanks for the official update! And for the hard work. Now i need to save a few penny's for the Int. Pro. :)

Miguel Quiles June 6th, 2007 08:56 AM

Very interesting. So, if you have one of these cards do we not have the same problems with pulldown?

Noah Yuan-Vogel June 6th, 2007 10:18 AM

I think the issue wasnt with pulldown but with getting a 1080i signal over hdmi instead of just 480i. I'd like to hear if anyone has news about how this actually affects that issue.

Don Swetz June 6th, 2007 10:25 AM

I'm looking at all the data on their website..

what does "supported now" mean? Did it not work with its HDMI output before? Does it now support realtime 24p pulldown capture?

Honest questions - not tyring to be difficult

Roy Colquitt June 6th, 2007 10:54 AM

I just wanted to add my thanks for posting the news, Kristian.

Thanks for keeping up with it.

Don Swetz June 6th, 2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Colquitt (Post 692812)
I just wanted to add my thanks for posting the news, Kristian.

Thanks for keeping up with it.

yes yes! Thanks for the news, its much appreciated!

Regardless of the current situation - i'm getting a great deal on being able to setup a HDTV monitor in my home studio with HDMI and getting composite-in for $350 (when i pick one up next month)

Terence Krueger June 6th, 2007 12:35 PM

anyone tried it yet?
didnt notice til just now, ill have to test it later.

terence

Miguel Quiles June 6th, 2007 12:42 PM

I was looking through some other posts about this card, and it doesnt look like it affects the pulldown process at all, but hopefully someone who knows can confirm this one way or another. If by some stretch of the imagination it actually does remove pulldown I'll be ordering one of these before weeks end.

Kristian Lam June 6th, 2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Swetz (Post 692794)
I'm looking at all the data on their website..

what does "supported now" mean? Did it not work with its HDMI output before? Does it now support realtime 24p pulldown capture?

Honest questions - not tyring to be difficult

Hi Don,

Intensity was unable to capture from the HV20 previously so we updated the firmware on the card to support it.

We currently capture the 1080i output and don't pull down to 24p.