Varizoom VZ-Stealth: Power Control - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old October 16th, 2019, 08:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Varizoom VZ-Stealth: Power Control

The Zoe DVXL story continued elsewhere....

Bebob Zoe DVXL - Fix for creeping zoom ?

I managed to 'correct' the zoom creep on the DVXL using a similar method to that shown in this video for 're-calibrating' the Varizoom Rock controllers:

On the Zoe DVXL the screw head for tweaking the potentiometer is behind a little plastic tab at the front of the rocker. Two set-screws for loosening the rocker from the potentiometer shaft are located on the underside; requires peeling back the oval 'Bebob' label. Actually, the proper 'service' procedure involves opening up the casing to access the potentiometer terminals and, with an Ohmmeter, setting the potentiometer to 10K Ohm at the 'null' rocker position. Might try that if the zoom creep comes back.

I also replaced the broken MSR control wheel on the side. Over time the plastic gets brittle and if too much force is applied it shears off from the speed potentiometer coupling on the board. Contacted Bebob who kindly sent a replacement wheel. Obviously requires opening up the casing.

Last edited by Bryan Worsley; October 16th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.
Bryan Worsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2020, 11:11 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worsley View Post
I see the Manfrotto MVR901ECPL remote also has Full/Standby power control and this chart says it's compatible with the HF-G30, so I guess it must work then:

https://www.kulturbuero.ch/zh/resour...chartv0615.pdf

That's an interesting link. I used it recently to determine compatibility between a Manfrotto MVR901ECLA remote control and a Canon XA20. The list said they should work together, but they didn't (no light on the remote).

I'm trying to see if the remote is faulty, or maybe the camera is the issue (I'm assuming the list is correct and they are actually compatible, unless someone here has noticed any compatibility issues).
Andrew Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2020, 07:21 PM   #18
Major Player

I see you posted the same query in the 'Remote Lens Controllers' section:

https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/remote-...ml#post1956853
Bryan Worsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2020, 09:02 PM   #19
Major Player

Recently acquired a Manfrotto 521 LANC remote that came with a 595B Fig-Rig I picked up on EBay for $52 - included the original 577 mount adapter/501PL plate, cable clips and soft carry case also. Surprised I won the auction as Fig Rig's don't come up that often and typically go for $100+. In fact, the seller had two fig rigs listed, with the same extras, and the other subsequently sold for even less, $34, with just two bidders. Sign of the times I guess. I don't think I'll be buying anything more on EBay for the foreseeable future.

The original vulcanized rubber coating on the 521 casing and rocker was somewhat deteriorated and tacky to the touch. But I managed to remove it all with some isopropanol swabs and a cloth. Painstaking, but what better way to pass a couple hours in a lock-down. Works perfectly, with no 'zoom creep', and I was delighted to find that the 'Power' button does indeed fully power the HF-G40 off and on again.

When there will be opportunity to use it is another matter.

Last edited by Bryan Worsley; April 6th, 2020 at 11:14 PM.
Bryan Worsley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders