DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   XF100 on the truck! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/495776-xf100-truck.html)

Kevin Nelson May 11th, 2011 11:50 AM

XF100 on the truck!

Imagine my surprise when the confirmation email arrived from B&H alerting me that my XF100 had been shipped. I'm picking it up tonight. Having placed the order on Monday, I thought I would be pretty far down the waiting list. Gotta love luck!

Lou Bruno May 11th, 2011 03:23 PM

Re: XF100 on the truck!

Got mine yesterday. Setting up as we speak. BH out of stock. Looks like 7 weeks or so for the XF series to start rolling in.

BTW: Purchased the WD H58W because my WD H58 is not the proper size.

Robin Davies-Rollinson May 11th, 2011 03:25 PM

Enjoy!
Looking forward to reading your impressions.

Andy Solaini May 11th, 2011 05:52 PM

So jealous of you that have your XF100s now. I hope us across the pond get stock soon. I ordered mine about 7 weeks ago! My XF300 is getting lonely.....

Andy S

Kevin Nelson May 12th, 2011 07:02 AM

Unboxed this morning - zipped through the manual - no major surprises from my 300. Love the form factor, although when doing a manual focus, I noticed the adjustable front wheel thingy was prone to unwanted adjustment from my hand - no biggy tho - easily overcome I'm sure with practice. Speaking of the Custom Dial, I'm wondering if there is a sensitivity adjustment - it seems like you've got to spin it quite a bit to make adjustments - a "coarse" setting would be nice. Still sorting out the exposure, gain, ND situation - I prefer the clunky, click click of manually adjusting ND settings, and while I love the whole toggle Auto/Manual button strategy, exposure is somewhat of a moving target with all of the adjustments available. Unfortunately play time is over and I've got to get back to editing. I'll give it a real whirl this weekend.

Lou Bruno May 12th, 2011 12:01 PM

So far so good with my new XF-100. Agree....no big surprise from the XF-300. The picture quality is amazing and it appears OK in lowlight. One "thing" I will have to get use to is the smaller EVF.

Just put on the new wideangle lens. It comes with a hood as well. WOW!!!! What a picture.

More to follow.

Jon Menegon May 12th, 2011 12:27 PM

Mine left NY yesterday and is heading to the border today! What a surprise it will be if it comes before the week end, though with customs you never know! I'm excited to play with it especially now that my XL H1 is gone.

I think I'm more excited about the size difference then anything else!

Jim Martin May 12th, 2011 01:16 PM

Ours all arrived and left the building on Tuesday........

Jim Martin
FilmTools.com