Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old September 24th, 2022, 02:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

I need to rent a XF305 for a live event and I need to provide full HD video to a large projector via HD-SDI.
I have used in the past my XF300 and used a HDMI to HD-SDI converter from blackmagic and it worked fine-I just have to be careful with the HDMI cable.
This time I think I want to rent a XF305 and use the built in SDI to provide the signal and also connect a 7 inch monitor via HDMI so that I can monitor the video. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.
This will work fine correct? I will be able to provide a Full HD signal to the projector via the HD-SDI connector and I can have a HD monitor via HDMI. No issues? correct?
thanks..

E
Old October 5th, 2022, 06:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

ah..never mind. Not available for rent locally anyway. It should work fine of course.
I wish I could afford the XF605 but it's just too much money.
Old October 5th, 2022, 09:18 PM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

Full credit to you for dropping by and updating the thread.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2022, 01:17 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I am very choosy what I use for myself, but working with hire kit tends to mean accepting what your first choice supplier has. Sometimes you just have to ask for basic specs, so asking for a 1080i camera with minimum 14x manual lens with SDI and HDMI output, often returns interesting results. Often better spec cameras at the price you want to pay. I only ever ask for a specific camera when it needs to match one you already have. It does sometimes mean you end up with a horrible camera to use, but often a better one! I usually ask for what I would ideally like, but give them the minimum spec and see what they respond with.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2022, 11:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

yep...mirrorless cameras etc are the rave nowadays...but for many live events-concerts etc I think videographers need camcorders! My XF300/XF100 are ok...I need the 18X zoom for sure and good stabilization-in some venues the sound vibrations are so strong that the camera shakes! a mirrorless has no chance-I know because I have tried and footage was a bit shaky when the bass is too strong. Not an issue with the XF300- the logical upgrade is the XF605 (not the XF400 or the XF705) but I just can't justify paying that much. In any case, I wish I had bought the XF305 long ago. Having the HDMI free to add an external monitor while sending a HD video signal to big projectors via HD-SDI would be the best setup for me. My eyes ain't as good as they used to be!
Canon made good XF cameras for sure. There is a lot of uses for professional camcorders-I just don't want small sensor- a 1" may be a good compromise.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders