DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/538705-renting-canon-xf305-live-event-does-give-signal-hdmi-hd-sdi.html)

Erick Perdomo September 24th, 2022 02:34 PM

Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

I need to rent a XF305 for a live event and I need to provide full HD video to a large projector via HD-SDI.
I have used in the past my XF300 and used a HDMI to HD-SDI converter from blackmagic and it worked fine-I just have to be careful with the HDMI cable.
This time I think I want to rent a XF305 and use the built in SDI to provide the signal and also connect a 7 inch monitor via HDMI so that I can monitor the video. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.
This will work fine correct? I will be able to provide a Full HD signal to the projector via the HD-SDI connector and I can have a HD monitor via HDMI. No issues? correct?
thanks..

E

Erick Perdomo October 5th, 2022 06:45 PM

Re: Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

ah..never mind. Not available for rent locally anyway. It should work fine of course.
I wish I could afford the XF605 but it's just too much money.

Andrew Smith October 5th, 2022 09:18 PM

Re: Renting Canon XF305 for live event...does it give signal to HDMI and HD-SDI?

Full credit to you for dropping by and updating the thread.

Andrew

Paul R Johnson October 7th, 2022 01:17 AM

I am very choosy what I use for myself, but working with hire kit tends to mean accepting what your first choice supplier has. Sometimes you just have to ask for basic specs, so asking for a 1080i camera with minimum 14x manual lens with SDI and HDMI output, often returns interesting results. Often better spec cameras at the price you want to pay. I only ever ask for a specific camera when it needs to match one you already have. It does sometimes mean you end up with a horrible camera to use, but often a better one! I usually ask for what I would ideally like, but give them the minimum spec and see what they respond with.

Erick Perdomo October 31st, 2022 11:02 PM

yep...mirrorless cameras etc are the rave nowadays...but for many live events-concerts etc I think videographers need camcorders! My XF300/XF100 are ok...I need the 18X zoom for sure and good stabilization-in some venues the sound vibrations are so strong that the camera shakes! a mirrorless has no chance-I know because I have tried and footage was a bit shaky when the bass is too strong. Not an issue with the XF300- the logical upgrade is the XF605 (not the XF400 or the XF705) but I just can't justify paying that much. In any case, I wish I had bought the XF305 long ago. Having the HDMI free to add an external monitor while sending a HD video signal to big projectors via HD-SDI would be the best setup for me. My eyes ain't as good as they used to be!
Canon made good XF cameras for sure. There is a lot of uses for professional camcorders-I just don't want small sensor- a 1" may be a good compromise.