DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   What--yet ANOTHER Heinz commercial?! Mine... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/100730-what-yet-another-heinz-commercial-mine.html)

Charles Papert August 6th, 2007 07:38 PM

What--yet ANOTHER Heinz commercial?! Mine...

Boy, a lot of us made these. I'm interested to see once all of the entries are logged just how many there were--I have a feeling a lot of us waited until the last minute! I myself was waiting for my new Mac Pro to arrive so I could cut this sucker in HD.

Shot on the XH-A1.

I have it up on Youtube of course, but their compression continues to make me want to weep (what happened to the H264? Still looks yucky). So here it is on my own page.

Benjamin Hill August 6th, 2007 07:56 PM

Awesome, best one I've seen. Regardless of compression. Funny writing, good performances and the shooting & editing serve the purpose well. This is another clinic.

Jerrod Cordell August 6th, 2007 11:55 PM

lmao, I really liked that . Really well done. 4 Days to edit? Wow that's insane. What are the specs on your Mac Pro anyway, just out of curiousity?

Well if you want you can have a glance over at my thread if you want.

Charles Papert August 7th, 2007 12:39 AM

2.66 Quad, 8 GB RAM, BM Intensity Pro card (brought the A1 footage in via HDMI as ProRes422, very cool).

Yep, watched your spot, pretty rad! Might not go down that well with the brass at Heinz though...!

nice hyperlink BTW

Jerrod Cordell August 7th, 2007 12:57 AM

Oooh nice. Sounds awesome. Yeah I have a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Due iMac with 2 GB of RAM, but I edited mine on the Mac Pro at the Apple Store (since I don't own Final Cut).

Yeah I have a pretty good feeling my video won't win, but I just wanted to make something funny.

Hyperlink? What hyperlink? *shifty eyes*

Henrik Reach August 7th, 2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 724672)
2.66 Quad, 8 GB RAM, BM Intensity Pro card (brought the A1 footage in via HDMI as ProRes422, very cool).

Yep, watched your spot, pretty rad! Might not go down that well with the brass at Heinz though...!

nice hyperlink BTW

Nice commercial, very smooth.

And excuse me for being stupid here, but how do you get output from HDMI with the A1? Do you use a HV20 or something like that, or have I just missed something?

Brent Goodale August 7th, 2007 06:20 AM

Also curious about the hdmi....

I have seen about 20 of these commercials and this is by far the best one! Good luck

Scott Saracen August 7th, 2007 06:58 AM

Wow Charles, absolutely fantastic! You are a constant in quality content.

Greg Boston August 7th, 2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 724563)
Boy, a lot of us made these. I'm interested to see once all of the entries are logged just how many there were--I have a feeling a lot of us waited until the last minute! I myself was waiting for my new Mac Pro to arrive so I could cut this sucker in HD.

Shot on the XH-A1.

I have it up on Youtube of course, but their compression continues to make me want to weep (what happened to the H264? Still looks yucky). So here it is on my own page.

Hey Chas, that vehicle looked awfully familiar. (hehe)

Good job! Loved the concept.

-gb-

Brad Vaughan August 7th, 2007 07:52 AM

Oh man!

That is awesome!!!

That guy is hilarious...Three, wait, uh two?...mmmmm!

That truly is one of the best commercials. Ranks right up there with my all time favorite....The Geico Caveman Commericals!!

Seriously, that was fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

John Lofton IV August 7th, 2007 10:16 AM

Excellent commercial! Funny, compelling and cute. Great cinematography and lighting. Best one I've seen so far.

Mark Rook August 8th, 2007 07:36 AM

Picking my jaw up as we speak.

Thats one very professional vid.

Mark

Charles Papert August 9th, 2007 11:35 PM

re: HDMI--yes, I used my HV-20 to send to the Blackmagic card.

re: Prius--yup Greg, good spotting. It was supposed to be my Audi A6 that I've had in my garage waiting to be sold (anyone want it??!), but the battery was dead as it hasn't been driven in months, and I couldn't jumpstart it in time for the shoot, so it defaulted to the Prius. Gives the ad a subtle green nod, no?

thanks all for watching and nice comments!

Sam Ren August 10th, 2007 11:31 AM

very nice commercial, I really like the look you achieved its very pro... I have a question about bringing it in with the hv20 through hdmi+intensity card... whats the advantage of doing that once its on a dv tape already? is there any advantage whatsoever through capturing it that way instead of just going in w/ firewire? I've read a lot of other threads on this and most people say that it makes no difference once its on tape already...

-Sam~!

John Welsh August 10th, 2007 12:02 PM

I dont know what heinz gonna do with the winner (show the ad on tv?) but if so you should hide the car sign.

I liked the quality. Posting your equip and settings would be nice.