DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   xh a1 setup pictures (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/102949-xh-a1-setup-pictures.html)

Josh Chesarek May 4th, 2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Lewis (Post 871775)
What tripod model is that?

If you are refering to Huberts tripod, "Manfrotto 351MVB/503 tripod"

Jeff Mayne May 4th, 2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Lewis (Post 871775)
What tripod model is that?

Manfrotto 351MVB/503 tripod

Rene Roslev May 4th, 2008 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
XH-A1, SGpro.R3, Contax/Yashica Zeiss lenses, Cavision grips

Henrik Reach May 4th, 2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Sobel (Post 740540)
If I used a Rode SM-5 shockmount to attach a shotgun to the mic mount, do you think the mic would pick up noise when zooming?

I use the SM-3 and a NTG-2, and it does in fact pick up a little zoom-noise, but only when I zoom at high speeds.

Hubert Duijzer May 4th, 2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Mayne (Post 871681)
I have been looking for a rain cover that would fit with my Rhode Shock Mount setup just like yours. I am assuming that the Porta Brace rain slicker fits with the shock mount still attached?

No, i haven't test it yet, but i don't believe both the shockmount and the mic will fit in the rainslicker. The shotgun itself will fit, but even that isn't easy. The Porta rainslicker is a really thight fit in places, wich is good for keeping the rain out, but sometimes a pain to get it around the camera.

Bo Sundvall May 5th, 2008 02:48 AM

Hi

Hubert, is it a 351MVB or 351MVB2 tripod? Do you find it stabil enough?

Regards,

/Bo

Hubert Duijzer May 5th, 2008 03:18 AM

Bo, it's the MVB2. It's heavy and stable. The head is another thing, not bad, but i expected it to be better.
Next time i have to double the budget for a Vinten Vision 3 or something like that.

Jonathan Shaw May 5th, 2008 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to add a little diversity... here's my A1 in Gates housing

Giovanni Speranza May 5th, 2008 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very cool the Gates Housing!

Here is mine (with Letus Extreme, IndiSlider, IndiFocus)

Michael Wisniewski May 6th, 2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Shaw (Post 872565)
Just to add a little diversity... here's my A1 in Gates housing

That's awesome, looks like a crazy sea critter. Or some weird camcorder hermit crab.

Matt OBrien May 7th, 2008 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Nothing radical here, I'm in love with the blue star eye cup though. One of the best $8 I've ever spent, and on a superficial level, it perfectly accents the red ring on the lens. The headphone hole is something to think about, I can't stand the rubber flap. I'm also quite envious of the right angle XLR cables... although for now I just pull off the Rode windscreen and put the XLR cable inside it when it's in my case.

I do get a good amount of tape drive and zoom noise with the NTG-2. I would love to find another mounting solution that doesn't involve a hotshoe mount, maybe there's a J-Rod in my future.

Great Thread!

Matt OBrien May 7th, 2008 02:30 PM

Glen, how long is your XLR cable? That looks to be the exact length I'm after.

Thanks!

Jonathan Bufkin May 8th, 2008 07:58 AM

Speaking of right angle XLR's I've been using Redco custom cables to get exactly what I want. http://www.redco.com

Matt Bishop May 8th, 2008 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my new setup. I have two identical setups like this one and am also using an hv20

Canon Xh-a1
Hoodman h300 lcd hood with magnifier
audio technica shotgun mic
right angle coiled XLR
sony large eye cup
glidecam 2000 ( it's heavier but is balanced perfectly and works great!)

Josh Chesarek May 8th, 2008 11:42 AM

So you are using the GC2000, with a quick release? I assume its working well for you? I might want to do that as I have to rebalance each time but I have gotten pretty good at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bishop (Post 874050)
Here is my new setup. I have two identical setups like this one and am also using an hv20

Canon Xh-a1
Hoodman h300 lcd hood with magnifier
audio technica shotgun mic
right angle coiled XLR
sony large eye cup
glidecam 2000 ( it's heavier but is balanced perfectly and works great!)