DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   xh a1 setup pictures (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/102949-xh-a1-setup-pictures.html)

Ivan Mosny September 4th, 2008 02:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mine baby.

Marcel D. Van Someren September 4th, 2008 03:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Even though I posted my A1 set up a few pages back... since DIY adapters are now apparently fair entrants, here is my set up again, but with my recently built DIY 70mm Mid-Format DOF adapter.

You can see test footage here, if you're interested 70mm DOF Adapter Test

Ivan Mosny September 5th, 2008 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And other life of my XHA1 :D

Lonnie Bell December 30th, 2008 12:18 PM

Ivan,
what is the brand/model of the jib - it looks interesting?
and how do you like it?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Ivan Mosny January 5th, 2009 07:14 AM

@Lonnie
Its a Glidecam Camcrane 200 with self made remote head on Manfrotto Tripod and Dolly. It works very fine.

Pavel Sedlak January 5th, 2009 08:57 AM

My XH-A1

3 Attachment(s)
some pictures XH-A1 with mic Sennheiser ME64, Rycote wind., Rode mount for mic., Unomat light 20W.

Gabriel Macho March 22nd, 2009 10:42 AM

Help Setup GC2000/Xh-A1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bishop (Post 874050)
Here is my new setup. I have two identical setups like this one and am also using an hv20

Canon Xh-a1
Hoodman h300 lcd hood with magnifier
audio technica shotgun mic
right angle coiled XLR
sony large eye cup
glidecam 2000 ( it's heavier but is balanced perfectly and works great!)

Man you got some photos of this setup to guide me in the setup or some tutorials? im having problems when i try to balance my GC2000 with my XH-A1. My setup is: glidecam 2000, Xh-A1, senheisser EW100 receiver(attached in the hot shoe), open lcd, 950g battery, minidvtape inserted. Thxs a lot !

Ivan Mosny June 5th, 2009 08:54 AM

6 Attachment(s)
So guys - this is my brand new slider. Its made of aluminium profile and 12 plastic wheels on plastic fences. It is absolutelly precise an it work smoooooth. Middle wheels are adjustable - so i can self adjust amount of "brake" feeling.

Brian Lakusta June 5th, 2009 01:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My set up... might finally be using it tomorrow evening filming some autoracing. Been too busy getting my race car ready to enjoy the camera ( had it since last Oct )

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...1090sml800.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...1085sml600.jpg

Michael Hutson June 6th, 2009 10:04 PM

Ivan,
What monitor do you use?
Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Ivan Mosny June 7th, 2009 05:03 AM

No. Its a car PC thing with 640x480 resolution, but its a piece of...

Gerdy Vandermeersch September 30th, 2009 03:05 AM

Some really nice setups here.

You can see my setup on: Picasa Web Albums - Gerdy - Gear

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/members/...canon-xha1.jpg

Greetings
G

Jonas Marlowe October 16th, 2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Mosny (Post 1154429)
So guys - this is my brand new slider. Its made of aluminium profile and 12 plastic wheels on plastic fences. It is absolutelly precise an it work smoooooth. Middle wheels are adjustable - so i can self adjust amount of "brake" feeling.

wow....diy?

where to buy ?

Nate Haustein October 16th, 2009 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The latest:

Really loving the SGblade.

Jonathan Shaw October 19th, 2009 11:30 PM

Is it me or does that adapter look about a foot long! Do you loose much light through it?

Nate Haustein October 19th, 2009 11:56 PM

I think it's just the perspective-it's the amazing SGblade. Loses less than half a stop.

Ivan Mosny October 30th, 2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas Marlowe (Post 1433304)
wow....diy?
where to buy ?

Its one of the prototypes made aby an polish company. Cost ~300USD.
If you wanna buy similar - contact me under ivamos@wp.pl and i give you contact to the company.

David Jenkinson December 29th, 2016 04:46 PM

Re: xh a1 setup pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Resurrecting an ancient thread, I thought I'd show you my setup of the XH A1S that I use to shoot professional football in the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) for Dumbarton FC.

I don't get paid (although have benefitted from a little bit of sponsorship) so everything is as low budget as possible.

The camera is the XH A1S, recently serviced, and I shoot both tape and to Compact Flash cards using a Datavideo DN60. I bodged together a mount for the DN60 on the rear of the handle, which swings the DN60 out of the way if I need the viewfinder. Because the camera's onboard monitor is small, and shooting through the viewfinder is difficult when following the sometimes fast action, usually shooting from relatively cramped areas, I use a car reversing monitor (which I "weatherized") mounted either on top of the camera's handle, or else on a mount on the side of the tripod (which is Libec T68 legs, and the Manfrotto 502A head). The monitor image obviously isn't HD, but it is in general good enough to help me keep the ball in the frame. Both the monitor and the DN60 are powered using a battery bank which outputs 5V. I use a small shunt between the battery and the monitor to push the voltage up to 12V. The Dn60 works fine with 5V, which means I don't have to worry about power, since the battery life of the XH A1S is incredible, easily a full 90 mins, plus post match interviews etc. and still half full at the end of the day. The rain cape is a plastic bag that a pillow came in which I altered a bit to fit the camera! I also have a fitted cover mostly to protect the controls.

Don Palomaki January 1st, 2017 09:44 AM

Good to see an older tool still in use!

Antonis Doumouzis March 28th, 2017 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Canon XH A1 and Datavideo dn60a placed in microphone's position