DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Promotional video with XHA1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/139110-promotional-video-xha1.html)

Tripp Woelfel December 10th, 2008 06:21 AM

Absolutely stunning! It doesn't just look great. It feels great. You didn't just show me the place. You imparted, to me anyway, a sense of the spirit of the place. No small feat that.

Muy bueno!

Christopher Neville December 10th, 2008 10:41 AM

I really liked your video. The editing was clean and well paced, and the footage itself looked fantastic. People and places were well lit. Recently I was starting to have some doubts about the A1s image quality, especially dealing with fringing, but your footage showed me what can be done in the right hands. I'm jealous of your skills ;)

Roger Shealy December 10th, 2008 01:07 PM

Christopher, you're not alone. I've been looking at the EOS5DMkii and for the short term, after watching this video, I'm going to instead invest in a wide angle lense (WD-H72) on the A1. I wish I could buy talent and experience!

Matt Mueller December 11th, 2008 04:45 AM

Very cool! I really like it.

Tom Sherwood December 11th, 2008 03:06 PM

I have this camera and not one thing I've shot looks as good as yours. Great looking stuff. I'm gonna try your preset.
I'm curious did you shot the clouds in the beginning or are they from videocopilot?
Did you use a crane or dolly some shots are really smooth. If so what did you use?
Sorry for all the questions. I just want my camera work to look as good as yours.

Manuel Hernandez-Stumpfhauser December 11th, 2008 05:56 PM

Thank you Ramon, Roger, Jason, Dennis, Edwin, Mick, Tripp, Christopher, Matt and Tom. Your comments are really kind and make me do my job better and better every day.

I would like to ask you permission to quote (mention) some of your comments and use them for some promotional materials I'm trying to publish on a production magazine here in Mexico and in my hopefully new website.

Answering to your question Tom, the time lapse cloud at the beginning I shot it with the still camera Canon Xti with the EF-S 18-55mm lens.
The jib I used is the Kessler Crane 12ft and the dolly spider from portajib.

Thanks again!

Roger Shealy December 11th, 2008 08:00 PM

Manuel, feel free to quote away on anything I've said. If you could post a copy on Vimeo.com or other HD server and make it downloadable, it would be helpful to analyze it better in a larger format. I believe we could watch it then in 720x24P wmv (or equivalent).

Christopher Neville December 14th, 2008 07:43 PM

You can quote me as well.

Ken Ross December 21st, 2008 11:08 AM

Superb job! Forget about selling the vacations, you can sell a few thousand A1's with that!

Colin McDonald December 21st, 2008 12:25 PM

Your use of perspective is marvellous as well - it is like watching 3D much of the time. Normally I'm hard to please with filter effects but these are spot on too. The overall effect of all the elements is excellent.

Joachim Ljungquist March 8th, 2010 01:08 AM

Really great job! Congratulations!
Loved the colors and the movements... And I actually wanted to go there!

Manuel Hernandez-Stumpfhauser March 8th, 2010 07:32 AM

Thank you very much Colin and Joachim, you can actually see this video and others I've shot on vimeo

Daniel D. Kim March 16th, 2010 04:24 PM

Hey MHS! I talked to you on Vimeo about the canon 7d :)

I loved the video! Great vibe, clips, edit. Awesome :)

GOd bless!

Peter Dunphy March 24th, 2010 06:06 PM

Incredible video.

Recently I've been stunned at the advent of P2 cameras and thought the XHA1 was being left being in the shade. This video has reaffirmed my faith in my XHA1!

Well done.

Jeff Hinson August 1st, 2010 04:59 AM

Thanks so much for sharing...Im a newbie, just got a used XH-A1...your video proves I made a good decision. Thanks for sharing the preset too....gotta try it soon.

Jeff