DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Adele & Bernard*s || Wedding Highlight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/143749-adele-bernard-s-wedding-highlight.html)

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 13th, 2009 05:18 PM

Adele & Bernard*s || Wedding Highlight

A wedding highlight clip

Adele & Bernard*s || Wedding Highlight on Vimeo

Michael Hutson February 13th, 2009 08:29 PM

Enjoyed it! Some very interesting shots. Did you have a steady cam? The colors during the ceremony were great....her flowers really stood out. 24p?

Bill Thesken February 14th, 2009 01:29 AM

That was fun to watch. Thank you for posting it. Captured a lot of different scenes that made up a story. Crisp focus, and that is my one question, which is how did you achieve the focus?

John Estcourt February 14th, 2009 05:06 AM

Very well done, I loved the music and thought the edit was spot on.
It was a refreshing change of style and everyone looked to be having fun.
I thought the slightly shakey hand held look fitted in and added to the style of the film.
thanks I enjoyed that, just off to watch it again.
cheers john

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 14th, 2009 04:17 PM

Thank you guys!

Michael : I used the Glidecam 4000 for some shots, just the sled though. I used the VividRGB preset and it made all the vibrant colours stand out. Yes I did shoot on 24p. Thanks again Michael

Bill : All focus was manual. Thank you Bill.

John : Thank you for all the compliment John.

Bill Thesken February 14th, 2009 11:55 PM

Was it manual focus with the LCD or eyepiece, or an external monitor?
The reason I'm asking is that a couple of shots were just a little out of focus and then went crystal clear, which actually had a nice effect, and I'm wondering how to accomplish the same with this camera on the fly.

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 15th, 2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Thesken (Post 1012267)
Was it manual focus with the LCD or eyepiece, or an external monitor?
The reason I'm asking is that a couple of shots were just a little out of focus and then went crystal clear, which actually had a nice effect, and I'm wondering how to accomplish the same with this camera on the fly.

The focus was done all on LCD, what helps is turning peaking ON but I don't use it but it does help. For me getting the focus correct was practice and alot of it, especially on the fly. Hope that helps Bill.

Kevin Dorsey February 15th, 2009 04:37 PM

I was going to ask if you shot 60i and deinterlaced, or shot 30p. You said you shot 24p, but your quicktime file is 29.97 and there is interlacing on the shot of the front of the church. I was wondering if you could clarify that for me. Thanks, and nice work.

Daniel Fessak February 17th, 2009 07:05 AM

Do you use Magic Bullet or effect filters for it?

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 17th, 2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Dorsey (Post 1012609)
I was going to ask if you shot 60i and deinterlaced, or shot 30p. You said you shot 24p, but your quicktime file is 29.97 and there is interlacing on the shot of the front of the church. I was wondering if you could clarify that for me. Thanks, and nice work.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the glidecam shots I shot on 60i so I can slow it down later in post but I didn't end up doing that and everything that wasn't on glidecam I shot on 24p - so the sequence setting was 30p for both framerate.

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 17th, 2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Fessak (Post 1013389)
Do you use Magic Bullet or effect filters for it?

I used Magic Bullet to do my own CC - on some parts I used their premade filters.

John Stakes February 17th, 2009 01:15 PM

thanks for sharing. I cant wait to get Magic Bullet. So you just captured the 60i and 24f footage to a 30fps timeline? Was this on the same tape?

Also audio quality was great. What mic?

BTW I love the titles in the makeup!

JS

Prashanna Jayaseelan February 17th, 2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Stakes (Post 1013552)
thanks for sharing. I cant wait to get Magic Bullet. So you just captured the 60i and 24f footage to a 30fps timeline? Was this on the same tape?

Also audio quality was great. What mic?

BTW I love the titles in the makeup!

JS

Ya Magic Bullet is nice - having colorama to control your colors to make the video dramatic is a nice touch. Yes I captured 60i and 24f on the same tape to a 30fps timeline.

For the vows I used the Sennheiser EW112G wireless lav - the mic was clipped on the groom.

Thank you John