DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Short Narrative with stock A1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/234179-short-narrative-stock-a1.html)

Takashi Doscher April 27th, 2009 10:05 PM

Short Narrative with stock A1

This is my latest short film. Less than 5 minutes long.

Please let me know what you think.

Cerrado Al Publico - "Closed to the Public" on Vimeo

Jim Miller April 28th, 2009 10:14 AM

Very nice work. Totally unexpected ending. You got me!

Scott Saracen April 29th, 2009 10:05 AM

Fantastic job Takashi. Great execution (no pun intended), nothing bad to say.

Jason Sharaba April 29th, 2009 03:11 PM

Very nice indeed!!

Eduardo Miguel April 29th, 2009 07:42 PM

Great job!! You really got me with the ending. Very meta.

Takashi Doscher April 29th, 2009 10:01 PM

Thank you very much for the nice comments!

but what does meta mean?

Claudio Musiari May 3rd, 2009 05:41 AM

Creat work! Did u mount some Letus or shot with the built in lenses? Any preset? Compliments for your work.

Takashi Doscher May 3rd, 2009 07:21 PM

Thank you for the nice comments. We shot this stock with the A1. No letus or additional lenses. I believe we used the PANALOOK preset found in these forums, but some significant grading was done afterwards.

Thank you for watching and any additional criticisms would be very welcome. We are always trying to improve.

Scott Gold May 5th, 2009 11:43 AM

Great story telling! Had me on the edge of my seat.

Eduardo Miguel May 13th, 2009 12:08 PM

This is what is Meta film is-

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Similar to metafiction in technique, the style of the film-making shows that the film is a metaphor about the production of the film and that the audience is tied in with the drama unfolding on the screen. Examples of this would be Federico Fellini's 8½, Maurizio Nichetti's "Ladri di saponette, François Truffaut's Day for Night, Jean-Luc Godard's Le Mepris, Spike Jonze's Adaptation., Living in Oblivion by Tom DiCillo, J.J. Lask's On the Road with Judas, Michael Powell's Peeping Tom, Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om and Zoya Akhtar's Luck By Chance.

Again, I really enjoyed this short film. It is different, but unique, and captivating. We need more work like yours - keep it up. And the XHA1 definitely shows what it is capable of once again.

Luca Ghione May 17th, 2009 10:41 AM

good job!

great work; it's a beautiful idea,

Robert Wide May 21st, 2009 01:11 AM

Great, very inspiring!! Great story & quality!

Robert

Christian Nachtrieb May 29th, 2009 07:54 AM

very good, I really liked it. the ending surprised me because I was thinking that when you hear the radio crackle right before he shoots.. that it would be his partners pulling a prank on him. my only criticism is the audio when the two spanish speaking men begin talking. it sounds too clean. the perspective should be from the guy on the toilet, so maybe muffle it a little bit and make it more echoey, because they're in a tight space. awesome work though,

Chris

Kevin Lewis May 29th, 2009 10:15 PM

AWSOME! I was glued the whole time!