DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   2-star Restaurant Movie, shot with XHa1, Letus and FD-lenses (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/467102-2-star-restaurant-movie-shot-xha1-letus-fd-lenses.html)

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 4th, 2009 03:17 AM

2-star Restaurant Movie, shot with XHa1, Letus and FD-lenses

This is my first official movie I made with my new gear, the Canon XHa1, Letus extreme and some old school fd-lenses.

English version on exposureroom: Hostellerie St.-Nicolas ENG By Gerdy Vandermeersch On ExposureRoom

Maybe I overused the Indislider and somethimes it's a little bit 2 dark. So I have to work on that in the future. Other things to say?

Greetings
G

Bill Busby November 4th, 2009 07:34 AM

Very nicely done!

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 4th, 2009 04:47 PM

Thank you very much Bill

Rob Stoner November 4th, 2009 05:17 PM

very well done. How are you liking the letus?

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 5th, 2009 04:14 AM

Thank you Rod,

The Letus is a wonderful piece of equipment. The depth of field is amazing. The only problem is the darkness when you film inside. The next project I'm gonna use the 5d Mark II for the first time. I'm gonna rent it for a couple of days.

But I have a little problem. At the moment I'm using Canon FD-lenses and that doesn't fit on to the 5d! Do you know a place where I can buy a FD to EF adapter Rod?

Rob Stoner November 5th, 2009 07:14 AM

I was able to fond a couple adapters on bhphoto
Bower | Lens Adapter - FD (Manual Focus) System to Can | ABEOS

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 5th, 2009 07:25 AM

Seems to be a good adapter. Never found this one before. I think I'm gonna buy one. Thank you very much Rob. I'm gonna check it out!

Rob Stoner November 6th, 2009 08:24 AM

No problem. I look forward to seeing the footage when your done.

Will Mahoney November 12th, 2009 02:07 PM

Beautiful!

Gerdy,
This video is beautiful. You've achieved a smooth, very organic composition here and I love it.

The stuff with the indie slider looks amazing - all of the movement (very smooth movement) added to the production quality of this video. Very, very well done.

The whole opening section is just amazing - smoothly moving from one bit of video to another, mixing and pasting over different sections - very cool.

Smooth transitions, beautiful camerawork. Well done.

Will

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 17th, 2009 07:51 AM

Thank you very much Will. I appreciate it a lot.
Off course it's not perfect, like lightning but I'm also satisfied with the result.

I learn a lot in every project I produce...

Chris McMahon November 17th, 2009 08:50 PM

I really enjoyed that video; it was very well done. I expected something totally different, though, as a two-star restaurant here in the states generally isn't half as nice as that.

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 18th, 2009 02:53 AM

Thank you very much Chris...

But they want their 3rd star! :)

Will Mahoney November 19th, 2009 09:55 AM

We use a different rating system in the states than they do in Europe. Two Michelin Stars in Europe is like four stars here...

Gerdy Vandermeersch November 19th, 2009 11:50 AM

I didn't know that! Nice. Do you have a five star restaurant then in your country? What's the maximum?

Greetings
G

Will Mahoney November 20th, 2009 12:58 PM

Yes, I'm sure Five stars is the maximum - and there are probably a bunch here, but I have no idea who/where they are.