DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Something is really wrong with my xh-a1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/474769-something-really-wrong-my-xh-a1.html)

Arthur Abramov March 14th, 2010 11:54 AM

Something is really wrong with my xh-a1

I'VE UPGRADED MY A1 ADDED THE OPTION OF PAL SYSTEM, I WAS SHOOTING YESTERDAY SD VIDEO 16:9 50i , AFTER THE SECOND TAPE , THE CAMERA PROMPTED ME "THE HEAD IS DIRTY" I KEPT ON SHOOTING TILL THE END OF THE TAPE, LATER CLEANED THE HEAD WITH A TAPE CLEANER FOR 10 SECONDS.

NOW I'M CAPTURING THE TAPES, AND I SEE A FLICKERING HORIZONTAL BLURRED HALF LINE ON THE UPPER-MID OF THE CAMERA SCREEN, BUT NOT ON THE CAPTURED FOOTAGE, THE LAST TAPE I WAS CAPTURING DID HAVE THAT LINE FLICKER ON THE CAPTURED FOOTAGE..

WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM??? I BERELY USED MY CAMERA.. ITS NEW,

I I'VE CLEANED THE TAPE TWICE, NOT MORE THAN THAT.

ARTHUR.

Russ Gutshall March 14th, 2010 12:42 PM

Something Wron XH-A1 after PAL Upgrade --

Hi Arthur,

Not sure why you want to shoot in PAL when you live in NewYork/USA ? But anyway - if your camera is brand new - there should be no need to clean heads this early ! Has your camera received any bumps, drops, bangs, etc. ? Can you take a picture of the LCD screen with this "line" you mention from the tape and post it in this forum - for others to view ? That might help someone determine what is wrong.

Can you "uninstall" this PAL upgrade - by resetting your camera (go to manual and read how) ? And if you get back to factory settings - record some more footage - and see if you get this same image problem ? If you don't get same problem - I would suggest NOT upgrading to PAL - as PAL is for Europe standards recording - NOT here in U.S.

If problem persists - send it back to Canon - it should be under warranty ?

Good luck,

Russ G

Arthur Abramov March 14th, 2010 01:17 PM

Russ.

well i moved to Israel, we use PAL in here , anyway when i record or play HDV recorded footage or record HDV , it doesn't flicker. it's only the SD functions that are now working properly.

Does the camcorder has 2 different heads, i mean one for the SD the other for the HDV.? so my assumtion is that the SD head damaged..?

Russ Gutshall March 14th, 2010 02:35 PM

Russ G - Canon XLA1 Problems Reply

Arthur -- OK - I understand the PAL thing now. I believe there are only 2 recording heads and they record all formats of footage. No separate heads to do SD and other heads for HDV. It sounds like maybe heads are out of alignment - that is why you are getting what you describe - I guess (?) - I suggest sending back to Canon. But I would not clean heads any further.

Each time you clean heads - it wears them - do not make the mistake ever of rewinding your cleaner tape and re-using it again. Buy a new one ! Again - take to or send back to Canon for repairs ?

Allan Black March 14th, 2010 04:32 PM

Arthur .. try a camera reset .. check through your manual.
Cheers.

Arthur Abramov March 15th, 2010 10:32 AM

Thank you guys, yeah i never rewind the cleaning tape, probably i'll send it back to them for a chech up.