DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Help with descent slider (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/503714-help-descent-slider.html)

Matthew Amirkhani December 19th, 2011 02:20 PM

Help with descent slider

Hi All,

I need a slider for my XHA1 I want the price to me in $500 can you guys help me with that please?

Thanks
Matthew

John Stakes December 19th, 2011 02:27 PM

Re: Help with descent slider

Even better, google "indiSlider."

JS

Matthew Amirkhani December 19th, 2011 02:31 PM

Thanks John,

They look good.

Les Wilson December 19th, 2011 02:52 PM

WestsideAV who is a DVinfo sponsor has sliders. Olof posts here frequently. Call him and he can advise you well on what will meet your needs.

Paul Elertson January 9th, 2012 09:52 AM

rather than start my own thread, i'll add to the conversation.

I am also looking for a slider for my xh-a1. But im a cheapo when it come to this since it is simply a hobby.

So, anyone have experience with the Opteka sliders? I've heard they are good for the price.
Opteka GLD-400 47" Camera Track Slider Video Stabilization System | eBay

Also, what size is appropriate? I think i would disappointed with a 24".

And finally, any worries with using such a heavy camera on a slider, on a tripod?

Michael Hutson January 9th, 2012 05:58 PM

I recently got this.
SlyderDolly - Portable Linear Tracking Solution :: Digital Juice

I am very pleased with it so far. If I had a complaint it would be the noise from the metal to metal contact from the wheels.

Matthew Amirkhani January 9th, 2012 08:13 PM

Hi Michael,

You said that you are happy with the slider however not the noise?? Doesen't the mic pick up the noise from the wheels of the slider?

Michael Hutson January 12th, 2012 04:36 PM

Not always does the mic pic up the noise. If using on board mic or shotgun mounted on the camera, it will pick up noise if you are doing a fast dolly. If you are going slow, you have a very good chance of getting clean audio. I use a shotgun mounted on a stand or boom pole when audio is critical. I suppose it really depends what you tend to use the dolly for. I do love the portability.

Sanjin Svajger January 13th, 2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Elertson (Post 1708342)
So, anyone have experience with the Opteka sliders? I've heard they are good for the price.
Opteka GLD-400 47" Camera Track Slider Video Stabilization System | eBay

And finally, any worries with using such a heavy camera on a slider, on a tripod?

I'm working on something very very similar. The problem is the surface between the rails and the sliding bracket. It's plastic! And in my case it's not the best solution one could wish for. It makes slow slides especially difficult.

Paul Elertson January 13th, 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjin Svajger (Post 1709186)
I'm working on something very very similar. The problem is the surface between the rails and the sliding bracket. It's plastic! And in my case it's not the best solution one could wish for. It makes slow slides especially difficult.

Thats what I have heard. I have decided to stay away from it and hopefully I will be getting a custom built slider.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...tom-build.html

Robin Davies-Rollinson January 14th, 2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Elertson (Post 1708342)

any worries with using such a heavy camera on a slider, on a tripod?

I use my Canon XF300 on an Igus-based slider with the new Hybrid carriage on a tripod with no problems..

Matthew Amirkhani January 14th, 2012 08:55 AM

Hey Robin,

Thanks for your post, is it possible for you to post a picture of your slider and the price that you paid for it.

Thanks in advance
Matthew