DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Download eight 1080/60i XH G1 clips provided by Kaku Ito (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/77116-download-eight-1080-60i-xh-g1-clips-provided-kaku-ito.html)

Kaku Ito October 10th, 2006 07:30 AM

If your computer is not fast enough to play all the data in the clip, you might get some horizantal lines. Then you might have to get faster computer to play it back.

Brent Ethington October 10th, 2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade Hanchey
Complete beginner here with a question. In the third clip, I'm seeing horizontal lines when I watch the shirts of the two riders. I'm viewing these with the VLC Media Player on a 19" LCD set at 1280x1024. Is it my hardware?

Thanks

i'm thinking it's a shutter speed issue? i played it back on a dual xeon-based pc and saw what you saw. seems like interlace artifacts on fast movement. i only noticed it on the 24f bike clips. i did play back the clips in vlc with deinterlace enabled.

Tom Roper October 15th, 2006 01:40 PM

These clips begin to take on a serious "Wow" factor when viewed via the HDMI connection of a Toshiba HD-DVD player to Samsung 50 inch DLP HDTV.

Barlow Elton October 15th, 2006 03:38 PM

Does the Toshiba play back m2t's or did you have to convert them to a different format?

Tom Roper October 15th, 2006 04:40 PM

You don't have to re-encode them but you do have to author them into the HD-DVD format. They play back in the native mpeg2ts 1440x1080i60 stream which HD-DVD supports. This is described elsewhere. AVSFORUM has a sticky under the HD-DVD software forum.

Soeren Mueller October 17th, 2006 06:34 AM

Thanks a bunch Kaku for all the great clips.. would you mind posting what settings you changed from the default settings when you made these clips? Would be great... :-)

Marty Hudzik October 17th, 2006 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roper
You don't have to re-encode them but you do have to author them into the HD-DVD format. They play back in the native mpeg2ts 1440x1080i60 stream which HD-DVD supports. This is described elsewhere. AVSFORUM has a sticky under the HD-DVD software forum.

What about 24f m2t files? Do these work also?

Tom Roper October 17th, 2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

What about 24f m2t files? Do these work also?
I'll have to try those and let you know. Since they are embedded into a 60i stream I imagine it will work.

Kaku Ito October 17th, 2006 05:41 PM

Tom,
HD-DVD thing sounds hot.

24F mode should work the same way.
My Matrox MXO is working fine at 1080/60i mode with 24F clips, too.

Soeren,

The ones say preset 1 was changed from all default but changed to cinelook1, and blackstretch. Also all of the day light shooting had the sky smoothing thing on.

Tom Roper October 17th, 2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
Tom,
HD-DVD thing sounds hot.

24F mode should work the same way.
My Matrox MXO is working fine at 1080/60i mode with 24F clips, too.

Yes, Canon 24F authors to HD-DVD format without re-encoding.

Now...back to discussion of Kaku's clips. Remember, Steve Mullen was heaping praise on Sony V1 when viewed on projector via the HDMI output. Fair enough, but to evaluate HDV from other cams against V1 on even footing one needs an all digital pathway, HD-DVD is a robust method.