DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   A1 Price Drop (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/81630-a1-price-drop.html)

Bill Pryor December 14th, 2006 01:15 PM

My guess is they dropped the price to head off the V1, maybe, although it's only a 1/4" chip camera. When you can get the A1 for $3700, who would pay more for a smaller chip camera?

Tim Le December 14th, 2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
When you can get the A1 for $3700, who would pay more for a smaller chip camera?

People who want/need a smaller and lighter camera.

Even Solberg December 14th, 2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Tyrrell
Ordered my XH-A1 from B&H on Sunday.

UPS delivered it on Tuesday.

Read this thread Tuesday evening.

Emailed B&H on Wednesday.

Received an email reply Thursday: "No problem - we will refund you the $300".

I like B&H.

Hmm. I ordered mine from them on Thursday. Who did you send the email to?

Brad Tyrrell December 14th, 2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Even Solberg
Hmm. I ordered mine from them on Thursday. Who did you send the email to?

No one special. I just filled in the email form on the "customer service" page on their web site.

Even Solberg December 15th, 2006 09:25 AM

Yeah, I found it myself too. Thanks for the heads up.

Even Solberg December 15th, 2006 10:34 AM

Update: I just got an email confirmation from B&H that I'll get the refund as well. Yay. Of course, I'll be spending the money with them anyway. :)

Brad Tyrrell December 15th, 2006 12:06 PM

There are perks when doing business with reputable firms.

When small lcd monitors were first being touted for camcorders I ordered one from B&H. It had several bad pixels and I returned it. Same with the next and the next. Finally, I just got a refund. The bad pixels had nothing to do with B&H yet they sent me 2 replacements in very short order and when I wasn't satisfied refunded my money.

When I first orderd my Bravo duplicator from B&H I wanted the newest Pioneer drive in it. The one I got didn't have it and they replaced it immediately.

No shipping charges on any of these returns by-the-way.

I'm very happy dealing with B&H, - not always the lowest price but great peace of mind.

Even Solberg December 15th, 2006 12:10 PM

The fact that I've spent in excess of $15k with them during the last year probably counted in my favor as well. :)

Don Palomaki December 15th, 2006 04:48 PM

Street prices are based on supply, demand, competition, and the market segment the supplier wants to attract. As a camcorder model becomes available the supply factor drops out, and competition factor becomes more important.

Jay Stebbins December 16th, 2006 01:15 AM

It behoves you to call www.ZGC.com for a quote. As a member of this forum you qualify for their friends of the family price. That is where I picked my camera up a couple of weeks ago. I am still very happy with what I paid as well as with the service I received. I worked with Christine... Actually this week I am ordering filters from them as their prices are more than resonable yet again.

Good luck,
Jay

Larry Huntington December 17th, 2006 02:06 PM

I wonder if Zotz Digital would refund money if they lowered their prices also...

Al Smith December 18th, 2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Even Solberg
The fact that I've spent in excess of $15k with them during the last year probably counted in my favor as well. :)

They're good with their customers if you spend $100.00 or $100,000.00. B&H is where I buy all of my video gear, from big to small.

Dennis Burges December 21st, 2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Huntington
I wonder if Zotz Digital would refund money if they lowered their prices also...

I had been talking on and off to Brian at Zotz about getting an A1 for $3800, and the day I made my decision (and he had one in stock for me) I saw the lower price at B&H. I went ahead and made the purchase with Zotz because

a.) he had spent quite a bit of time answering my various questions
b.) he had better pricing than B&H on the extras I wanted (wide angle adapter and Mack warranty) so the total package was very close to B&H pricing.

I would definitely consider Zotz if you're looking for great pricing on a complete package, friendly service, and if you live on the West Coast and want faster shipping (he's in southern Oregon).

As an aside I'd like to thank everyone here that posts the great information that helped me decide to move from my XL2 to the XH A1. I certainly have no regrets!

Adrian Paul Spiteri December 26th, 2006 05:56 AM

When will the A1 reach its lowest price? (approx)
What will be the A1's lowest price?

Anthony Leong December 26th, 2006 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Tyrrell
There are perks when doing business with reputable firms.

When small lcd monitors were first being touted for camcorders I ordered one from B&H. It had several bad pixels and I returned it. Same with the next and the next. Finally, I just got a refund. The bad pixels had nothing to do with B&H yet they sent me 2 replacements in very short order and when I wasn't satisfied refunded my money.

When I first orderd my Bravo duplicator from B&H I wanted the newest Pioneer drive in it. The one I got didn't have it and they replaced it immediately.

No shipping charges on any of these returns by-the-way.

I'm very happy dealing with B&H, - not always the lowest price but great peace of mind.

Did you get any dead pixels on the Canon XH-A1?