DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Upgrade Wishlist Poll v1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/84297-xh-upgrade-wishlist-poll-v1.html)

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
...slower focus shift speeds on the focus shift function

How in the world did we miss this during the initial wish list callout? Beats me.

Bill Pryor February 2nd, 2007 05:07 PM

I thought we discussed it way back there.

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 05:15 PM

Well, I hope I'm not crossing the line, but I went ahead and added it to the poll. It appears as the last option, at the bottom. My apologies to the 15 people who voted before this *final* poll update.

Oh, and I put your vote in there for you Bill. That's it -- no more changes!

Bill Busby February 2nd, 2007 05:54 PM

I don't recall ever seeing this in all the previous posts over the past couple of months, but "Allow digital zoom in Standard Definition recording"? There is no digital zoom to begin with, or is there?

Doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't use it anyway, just curious how that got included in the poll.

Bill

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 06:01 PM

Somebody had asked for it in our wish list callout thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=82673

Barlow Elton February 2nd, 2007 07:51 PM

Here's a big one for me: Not only do we need slower focus presets but I really want this--

Remap the actual execution of the focus pull to the AF button! I HATE THE SIDEWAYS PUSH YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET IT TO EXECUTE!! IT IS TOUGH TO DO WITHOUT NOTICEABLY JERKING THE CAMERA!! THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE H1's TOO!!

whew, sorry for screaming.

B

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 07:54 PM

I wish there was a way to send that preset position trigger over LANC, so you could toggle it the right way -- that is, without touching the camera at all.

Barlow Elton February 2nd, 2007 07:56 PM

Brilliant! :(

Sheesh, I\'d just about buy Console if it added this feature via firewire. Just about...

Cengiz Ozgok February 3rd, 2007 07:35 AM

Well i miss the options for better adjused of timelapse function and will be happy when also insert the slow motion function like hvx200
Please delete all photo function on these cameras this is a video camera

Peter Ferling February 3rd, 2007 08:20 AM

Ok, I voted for:

1. Clients come to my door.
2. Clients approve first round of edits as final piece.
3. Clients pay in cash, on the spot.
4. Clients bring in more clients.

Hmmm, I think that might do it.

Martin Kornfeld February 3rd, 2007 10:07 AM

How about one not on list. Have zebras only display in close range around set value. Not on everything above set value. Now when using zebras at 70 for face exposure everything in picture above 70 is sprayed with zebras. Impossible to see how rest of picture looks when face has proper exposure. Have to switch zebras on and off and eat up a preset.

Marty Kornfeld
Video Production Services

Arthur Kay February 3rd, 2007 02:53 PM

Too bad I cannot vote 4 times for the XLR custom switch :D

Now let\'s hope Canon reads this and considers it...

Alex Leith February 3rd, 2007 02:59 PM

Go! Soft clipping... Come on soft clipping...

After using the camera for the first time in a run-and-gun situation today, I realize how much zebra and peaking at the same time would really help.

Michael Mann February 3rd, 2007 03:10 PM

Best way to communicate our final poll results to Canon?

What would be the best way to forward our final poll results to Canon. Does anyone know a Canon contact person?

Chris Hurd February 3rd, 2007 03:38 PM

I am more than happy to put the final poll results into the hands of the Canon USA product development manager personally, as I\'ve done before with the XL2 wishlist and other similar Canon-related projects.