DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Feb. 10th H1/G1/A1 Seminar at Birns & Sawyer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/84332-feb-10th-h1-g1-a1-seminar-birns-sawyer.html)

Jim Martin January 19th, 2007 04:35 PM

Feb. 10th H1/G1/A1 Seminar at Birns & Sawyer

Hey everyone, after the holiday breaks we are starting up our seminars again. If you are in LA, on Feb 10th, Saturday at 9am, Greg Salman fom Canon will be going over the cameras. Its $35.00 and we feed you plus free parking here at the ArcLight (we validate). To get a good head count, you can 1)sign up online at our web site www.birnsandsawyer.com or 2)call us at 323-466-8211 and make a phone reservation. If you just show up on Saturday morning, bring cash so we can get everyone checked in faster.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer
"At the ArcLight"

Jim Martin January 29th, 2007 12:49 PM

OOOps....The seminar is $30USD not $35USD.....Instant $5 discount for my mistake.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer

Peter J Alessandria January 30th, 2007 10:42 AM

Jim - how long will the seminar run?

Jim Martin January 30th, 2007 02:30 PM

We start at 9am (be here by 8:45) and we go to about 12:30 or 1pm

Jim Martin

Matthew Amirkhani January 30th, 2007 03:13 PM

Hi Jim,
You guys should think and do something for us poor people here in Canada too!! Can't have all the fun just to yourself.Tape the seminar please.

Matthew

Edward Randolph January 30th, 2007 08:25 PM

Tape the seminar

Yes! I would pay the $30 just for a DVD of the seminar. I live in AZ and it would take a lot more than that in Gas just to get there.
randolph@edwardrandolph.com

Jim Martin February 5th, 2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Randolph
Yes! I would pay the $30 just for a DVD of the seminar. I live in AZ and it would take a lot more than that in Gas just to get there.
randolph@edwardrandolph.com

We have in the past done DVDs....Lighting I & II are still being sold but the problem with alot of the cameras is there somewhat short shelf life ...and...others are doing DVDs/books on different camers which are quite good. That being said, I think the Canons will have a longer shelf life ...I will pass the suggestion to the right person.

See Ya this Saturday
Jim Martin

Byron Huskey February 5th, 2007 01:20 PM

I would be interested in a DVD as well, and $30 sounds about right.

Jim Martin February 7th, 2007 01:26 PM

Just a reminder, if you are coming Saturday mourning, please give us a call so we can get a good head-count......so we know how much food to get.

Also, our next lighting seminar is March 10th....I'll post something soon

Jim Martin

Jeff Anselmo February 7th, 2007 03:23 PM

Hi Jim--

I give another vote for a taped (dvd) seminar! Since I don't live in the valley anymore, I can't visit you folks as much!

--JA

Stu Siegal February 7th, 2007 03:31 PM

Count me in if there's a dvd.

Jim Martin February 8th, 2007 06:40 PM

Hv20

Hey! for those of you able to make it on Saturday, We are going to have a HV20 prototype to check out. I don't know if its a complete working model or just 80% so we'll see on Saturday.

Jim Martin

Chris Hurd February 8th, 2007 07:52 PM

As I understand it Jim that's one of only a couple of pre-production samples in the U.S. right now. What a scoop! Tell the Mad Russian I said hello when you see him on Saturday,

Jim Martin February 8th, 2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
As I understand it Jim that's one of only a couple of pre-production samples in the U.S. right now. What a scoop! Tell the Mad Russian I said hello when you see him on Saturday,

10-4 on that Chris....There are only 2 in the country....

Jim

Bill Busby February 14th, 2007 07:37 AM

Jim, did anyone at B&S (or any forum user for that matter :) shoot something for a DVD to be distributed? I wasn't able to make it, as well as many others.

Just curious
Bill