DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   "DVXLOOK" + Brevis35 Grabs (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/86106-dvxlook-brevis35-grabs.html)

Dennis Wood February 9th, 2007 08:15 PM

"DVXMATCH" + Brevis35 Grabs

2 Attachment(s)
Playing in the shop last night with presets and shot these in 1080i, Brevis with CF3, and Minolta 50mm at f1.4. The face shot (not mine!) was illuminated by a 25 watt CF bulb. These are grabbed from VLC viewing the MPEG capture and are not deinterlaced....warts and all. I am becoming a huge fan of the A1...and props to the author of the "DVXMATCH" preset.

Full resolution pics: 1 , 2

Tomas Chinchilla February 9th, 2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Wood
Playing in the shop last night with presets and shot these in 1080i, Brevis with CF3, and Minolta 50mm at f1.4. The face shot (not mine!) was illuminated by a 25 watt CF bulb. These are grabbed from VLC viewing the MPEG capture and are not deinterlaced....warts and all. I am becoming a huge fan of the A1...and props to the author of the "DVXLOOK" preset.

Full resolution pics: 1 , 2

Paper towels please.....LOL, very great indeed.

Steven Dempsey February 9th, 2007 11:40 PM

Looks fabulous, Dennis. Full rez footage if you please.... :)

Barlow Elton February 9th, 2007 11:52 PM

I'll second that. :)

Steven Dempsey February 10th, 2007 12:20 AM

I'll third that....oh, wait...

By the way Dennis, where did you get the preset? I don't see it in the preset area of this site. There's a DVXMatch....but no DVXLook

Dennis Wood February 10th, 2007 12:59 AM

Woops...fixed that...it's the DVXMATCH preset!

Amr Toukhy February 10th, 2007 04:43 AM

these are the best grabs i ever saw for the Brevis35 WOOW,
subject of interest is damn sharp, WOOW

'am really dying to see 20mm open wide shot over a tilting camera!!!
excellent job "Dennis" :)

Dennis Wood February 12th, 2007 07:23 AM

Here are a few seconds of the "face" clip. It's 195MB, 1080i which I've flipped in PP2, and output to motion jpeg mov format. This is a new host, so hopefully the file serves up OK.

Let me know what you guys think.

Steven Dempsey February 12th, 2007 02:06 PM

Dennis, it looks really nice but I have to say, in my experience, most of the better adapters look good when they are focussing closely on a subject. The real test of how well an adapter does is in wider shots and how distant objects get resolved.

Basically what I'm saying is that I have lots of Letus footage that looks as good as this. Show us what this thing is capable of.

I'm just sayin'

:)

Dennis Wood February 12th, 2007 04:48 PM

Plenty more to come...as soon is it warms up. We've averaged -20C to -32C for a solid two weeks now :-)

Rafael Lopes March 15th, 2007 08:48 AM

Hey Dennis, do you have any more of this footage. It looks really amazing.

Dennis Wood March 16th, 2007 10:11 AM

I'll post some up when I get a chance..