DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   iKan V8000HD monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/88222-ikan-v8000hd-monitor.html)

Anh Minh Truong August 12th, 2007 08:24 PM

Hi Vence,
I also have the Ikan V8000HD, but am having a really hard time finding replacement batteries that work with it. Actually, I ordered two different Infolithium L "replacement batteries" (first order from global-batteries.com, and second from Ebay, specifically from System Integration Business), and even though they work perfectly with my Sony camcorder, it doesn't even power up the monitor!! And I have two "genuine" Sony batteries, and they work perfectly with the monitor...
Did you have any problems with the batteries you ordered??
Actually, when I look at your link to espow.com, I notice that the batteries I ordered from Ebay seems to be the same as the NP-F960 model from espow...
You ordered the NP-F970 right? Had any problem??
I just want to be careful before I place another order...So far, I ordered 5 batteries that doesn't work with the monitor (but they're all fine with my Sony camcorder...)
Thanks!

Vence Vida August 13th, 2007 05:10 AM

Yes, I ordered the 970 and it works just fine with my monitor.
Ikan also sells generic sony replacements on their site:
http://www.ikancorp.com/pages/monito...tm#accessories

-V

Brandon Paschal August 22nd, 2007 09:59 PM

Issues w/ the ikan battery

Anh,

For what it's worth, I purchased the ikan about 3 weeks ago. The batteries powered the monitor only after the monitor was charged via the AC adapter w/ the battery attached. If I attempted to power the monitor with the batteries alone, I had no success. I contacted Ikan and they were very helpful; however, they did mention issue with the circuit board. For the price relative to the other monitors, I figured I'd give it a shot. The customer service has been strong, so I'll see how well they respond to the current issue. I'm expecting another battery and monitor within the next week or so.

Best regards,

--Brandon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh Minh Truong (Post 727897)
Hi Vence,
I also have the Ikan V8000HD, but am having a really hard time finding replacement batteries that work with it. Actually, I ordered two different Infolithium L "replacement batteries" (first order from global-batteries.com, and second from Ebay, specifically from System Integration Business), and even though they work perfectly with my Sony camcorder, it doesn't even power up the monitor!! And I have two "genuine" Sony batteries, and they work perfectly with the monitor...
Did you have any problems with the batteries you ordered??
Actually, when I look at your link to espow.com, I notice that the batteries I ordered from Ebay seems to be the same as the NP-F960 model from espow...
You ordered the NP-F970 right? Had any problem??
I just want to be careful before I place another order...So far, I ordered 5 batteries that doesn't work with the monitor (but they're all fine with my Sony camcorder...)
Thanks!

Anh Minh Truong August 23rd, 2007 09:14 AM

Brandon,
thank you very much for the info, it's exactly the problem I'm having, and indeed it works now when I'm having the monitor charged via the AC adapter w/ the battery attached.
Did you contacted Ikan via email? I've tried to reach them but so far I didn't have any response.
Thanks.

Brandon Paschal August 25th, 2007 01:19 PM

Just keep trying ...

Anh,

If I remember correctly, I sent them an email and called during normal day hours. You may have better luck if you talk through the issue with a sales person. I actually spoke with the individual from whom I purchased the equipment, so perhaps that's why I've had decent luck. Again, I would recommend you do both (phone and email), and I'm confident they'll get back with you. Be sure you specify with detail the issue - so your issue isn't one that they feel as though they have to diagnose. As I understand it (and after looking at some folks' posts on dvinfo), the issue is pretty well characterized.

Best regards, and good luck.

--Brandon

P.S. I have yet to get my monitor back, so I check every few days or so. They are internally checking them now, which gives me a bit more confidence about the new monitor I'm looking to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh Minh Truong (Post 733004)
Brandon,
thank you very much for the info, it's exactly the problem I'm having, and indeed it works now when I'm having the monitor charged via the AC adapter w/ the battery attached.
Did you contacted Ikan via email? I've tried to reach them but so far I didn't have any response.
Thanks.

Dave Smith August 27th, 2007 06:40 AM

Anyone know where to get the upgraded monitor bundle? Seems like it's backordered at BH and others.

Thanks!

Alexis Vazquez September 25th, 2007 02:10 PM

Ikan / Canon A1 Cable

I got the ikan 8000HD, so far pretty good for the price, the one thing I don't like is the mess with the original Canon component cable, I wonder if there is a shorter one available or a company or someone perhaps capable to shorten this one down. I'm not that tech guy so I won't even try.
All comments are welcome,

Thanks,

Alexis

Alan Craig March 2nd, 2008 04:12 AM

Monitors

Has anybody bought or used an IKAN V8000HD monitor if so what do you think of them. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but can't find thread on monitors.

Alan

Jim Press March 2nd, 2008 05:48 AM

Hi Alan,

Yes we use one with our G1. I haven't used anything else so I'm sorry I can't really offer constructive comparisons with other monitors, but it seems great to me. Certainly is a massive help and improvement for focussing over the built in LCD. FWIW it was recommended to us by John Barry Group here in Sydney, which is the sales arm of Panavision. I do recall searching these forums and reading some mixed reviews for it, but from recollection the "better" monitors were a fair bit more expensive. I'm sure a quick search will find some good info (and I assume it's just a typo but it's spelt IKAN, not Ikon.) Happy huntin'.

Alan Craig March 2nd, 2008 06:18 AM

Thanks Jim much apreciated, It seems a bit heavy at 1.5 lbs does that not pose a problem and make the camera very top heavy. yes it is a typing error which I will correct now.
Alan