DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Quick! Every A1 / Wacom owner should read! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/90116-quick-every-a1-wacom-owner-should-read.html)

Brent Graham March 28th, 2007 08:32 AM

Quick! Every A1 / Wacom owner should read!

If you are like me you use a lot of nice tools for media creation.

One being the Canon A1.

The other being Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet.

WELL GUESS WHAT?!

When sitting on the tablet...the camera won't play back correctly! I thought I was seeing dropped frames/blank tapes, until I lifted my camera from the tablet a few inches. Voila! Perfect tapes, perfect capture.

The tablet now sits on my floor.

Hope this prevents someone from nearly killing themselves on a projects.

Chris Hurd March 28th, 2007 07:03 PM

Interesting -- some kind of electrical interference from the tablet. Thanks for this report Brent,

Bill Pryor March 28th, 2007 07:56 PM

Sorta like why you don't store tapes on top of monitors...magnetic field possibly.

Matthew Nayman March 29th, 2007 12:15 PM

Huh... weird.

My wacom 3 usually sits near my cam, no problems.

But I wonder if it's contributing to my sound lag?> Who knows :P

Peter Ferling March 29th, 2007 02:01 PM

Uh, is the watcom intuous 2 safe, anyone know? Kidding... :) Nice find.

Deke Ryland March 29th, 2007 09:12 PM

Wow... thanks for the warning... I have my Wacom Intuos 3 sitting right next to my A1 as I read this post. I'll be sure to keep it away next time... makes perfect sense at least. Would hate to ruin anything.

Bill Busby March 30th, 2007 02:33 AM

I would think this applies to ANY electrical device that could possibly emit interference & most if not all manuals for electronic gear have some kind of diddy in the manual regarding placement/installation anyway.

Bill

Matthew Nayman March 30th, 2007 05:48 AM

While we're on the subject...

Is the intuos 3 not THE BEST thing ever? I love mine to death. Best $400 I ever spent.

Brent Graham March 30th, 2007 09:04 AM

Seriously, a total thread hijack but who cares?!!

The Intuos is amazing, I love her... (creepy longing look at inanimate object)

Haha, later guys.

Deke Ryland March 30th, 2007 11:22 AM

To Hijack even further... does anyone know the correct pronunciation of WACOM? I've been pronouncing it as 'wwah cum'

Amr Toukhy March 30th, 2007 11:57 AM

thanks al lot man for the info :)

Mark OConnell March 30th, 2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke Ryland (Post 651494)
To Hijack even further... does anyone know the correct pronunciation of WACOM? I've been pronouncing it as 'wwah cum'

Works for me, but I think "whack 'em" is good too.

Bill Busby March 30th, 2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke Ryland (Post 651494)

It's "wahcom". I had to call tech support years ago & confirmed it because I was curious myself.

Bill

Deke Ryland March 31st, 2007 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 651652)
It's "wahcom". I had to call tech support years ago & confirmed it because I was curious myself.

Is the 'com' part pronounced like 'dot com', or more like the 'com' in 'computer' (cum)?

Bill Busby March 31st, 2007 01:15 PM

I suppose you could say it's as in "dot.com". I don't really hear a difference much and I don't pronounce computer as "cumputer".

Call it whatever you like :)

Bill