DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH-A1 rebate promotion issues... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/98657-xh-a1-rebate-promotion-issues.html)

Nicholas Tran July 10th, 2007 11:37 PM

XH-A1 rebate promotion issues...

Has anyone else had a heck of a time getting their rebates from Parago, the rebate company that is handling the Canon XH-A1 mail in rebates ($250)?

Twice I submitted to them. The first time, though they sent me an e-mail saying they received the submission, as I checked on the status weeks later after seeing nothing, it somehow got lost. I then griped and resubmitted. This time, my serial number is invalid. I want to start a Class Action against these guys- I'm that upset. I need to hear of experiences similar to mine.

Thanks

Blake Avant July 10th, 2007 11:53 PM

Here's the current status of my rebate on the website. Its been nearly a month and no check yet. I'll keep an eye on the website and let you know if I have problems.

Rebate: $250.00 Check
Rebate Information For: classified info
Promotion: $250 Mail-in Rebate with Purchase of Canon XH A1 HD Camcorder
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 06-21-2007
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Blake

David Chia July 11th, 2007 01:06 AM

Same here.

Mine is also under final process. It has been 3 weeks and counting

Lou Bruno July 11th, 2007 06:22 AM

I received both checks within a 6 week period.

Don Palomaki July 11th, 2007 06:40 AM

I received my rebate within a reasonable time.

Paul Cronin July 11th, 2007 06:56 AM

I received both rebates in 4-6 weeks from mailing. I was told my second was invalid but Chris from ZGC solved the problem.

Nick Weeks July 11th, 2007 07:03 AM

I sent mine in last week and have not received any email or notification yet, but they probably haven't processed it yet..... hopefully

Philip Lampe July 11th, 2007 09:42 AM

I received an email confrimation and check a few weeks afterwards. No problems here.

Philip

Nathan Quattrini July 11th, 2007 11:34 AM

where can i check the status? I sent it out....in May.

John Richard July 11th, 2007 03:23 PM

We have had the same problems (posted above under Canon Promotions)

Canon Rebate Problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We properly followed all 3 steps required in the Canon Rebate Form and submitted it to the address shown on the form.

Canon is using a third-party company to handle the rebate process. Unfortunately, the company named RebatesHQ.com is mis-handling the process. They sent us a "tracking #" and when we checked the status of of rebate it shows it as INVALID because "serial # is missing".

We provided the serial # on 4 different documents - 1) on the UPC Code they required 2) on the Invoice 3) on the packing sheet 4) on the copy of the Canon registration form. We keep kept copies our submission.

When we used the email form that RebatesHQ.com provides as the only means of communication with them and reported their error and all the facts, we rec'ed an acknowledgement that they had rec'ed our email and would respond in 2 business days. That was 6 business days ago! We have sent a 2nd request for correction/response and still have not gotten an answer or the promised call from a rep.

So for all of you who took advantage of the rebate on the XHG1 or A1, be sure you track your rebate to make sure the same does not happen to you.

Anyone else having the same problem?

At this point, we are going to contact Canon and let them know that their rebate vendor is making errors and not communicating. Canon is a great company and does not need vendors like this tarnishing their repution for excellent service.

John Richard

June 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM #34
John Richard

Ok - we suddenly got an email response back saying that the error had been corrected and our rebate status was now valid and due for payment in Aug.

I have a suspicion that my posting here about the problem had some effect since the correction so quickly followed the posting.

Anyway, the advice to check your rebate status to ensure things are handled properly is still offered. $250 to $500 is a great and valuable rebate from Canon.

we still have not rec'ed our rebate check on the XHG1 as of yet.......

My suggestion is to stay on top of this - something is flawed in the rebate handling - sometimes it is working for some and sometimes not.

Ben Hayflick July 18th, 2007 11:06 AM

Any update? I'm still waiting for my check too.

There's a thread on the same topic here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=103921

Peter Greis July 18th, 2007 11:33 AM

Parago Problems

I don't have experience with the Canon rebate, but I will say that I have had many different rebates processed from different vendors from Parago over the past couple of years.

From my experience, they are consistently the poorest of the rebate fulfillment companies out there: they lose things you send, they delay endlessly in processing and they are hard to communicate with.

I remember waiting weeks for something that was in final stage of mailing the rebate. They kept insisting it would go out by the end of the day, or the end of the week. You have be persistent with them. I finally got the check after I mentioned that I needed some information from them so I could complete my letter to the FTC.

Nicholas Tran July 19th, 2007 03:34 PM

Here's my update-

They sent me an e-mail after I sent my 2nd re-submission telling me that my UPC code was invalid and to make sure that the product I purchased for the rebate was a Canon XH-A1.... blah, blah, blah.

forget the fact that on the UPC code... on the upper left hand corner...

it has printed "XH-A1 A KIT" !!!!

So, I am doing this final submission. Then if nothing, I will report to the FTC and BBB and whatever organization I can file with. It's far beyond the money. The principle is all I care about now.

These guys at Parago make buying from Canon an ugly experience... and I hate saying that because I love my camera.

Luke Ross July 19th, 2007 04:27 PM

I am about to send in my rebate for my A1.. Any quick tips before I do so? Should I send it certified or something? Making copies?. I already filled out the form online, but I want to protect my A$$ as well because I am sending them the original UPC, etc..

Also, I bought mine from Newegg.com and printed the invoice off of their website.. Do you think that is sufficient? or do I need some official receipt which was not included with the shipped product..

Thanks,
Luke

PS. Sorry to hear about the hassle you have had Nicholas. I am knocking on wood for my own right now..

Ben Hayflick July 19th, 2007 08:39 PM

Nicolas, call Canon support. I did, and told them my story, and they are taking steps to ensure that I will either get that second check soon from Parago, or a DHL delivery will be sent directly to me from corporate.

Canon does want to resolve my situation.