DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Special Thanks to Chris (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/28879-special-thanks-chris.html)

Michael Dalton July 13th, 2004 10:57 AM

Special Thanks to Chris

I think that all of must agree that Chris has done a great job putting this site together, with all the photos, and information on the XL2, it seems like christmas morning.

I am curious if Canon sent him a camera a week ago.

Anyway, on behalf of this forum, THANKS!!!

Michael

Yi Fong Yu July 13th, 2004 04:38 PM

ditto. and in term... we know him much better through his writings.

Ken Tanaka July 13th, 2004 07:25 PM

You betcha!

Chris is far too modest to toot his own horn. But the fact is that he had to put the entire XL2 section of the site together nearly in seclusion over the past weeks and, due to his heavy travel schedule, often from hotel rooms. None of us "wranglers" could help due to the secrecy surrounding the camera's release. Making matters even more challenging I'm sure that some of the material just reached him in the nick of time.

But he was absolutely determined that the DV Info community would have the broadest and deepest resources on the XL2 from hour one of its release. And damn if he didn't pull it off.

Nick Hiltgen July 13th, 2004 07:58 PM

I agree, Chris has really kicked some booty in putting all of this information together so quickly, to use the term impressed would be an understatement.

Chris if you're ever in L.A. (or when ever) I'll buy you a beer.

Rob Lohman July 14th, 2004 03:12 AM

Thanks Chris!

Bob Safay July 14th, 2004 03:27 PM

Yes, Thank you Chris, it's Christmas in July. Great job. Bob Safay

Steve McDonald July 15th, 2004 03:25 AM

Chris, that's how good projects become great ones. Someone goes beyond the line of duty and does a lot of the right thing at the right time. There will be a deluge of new members coming in. I hope you can handle them without going broke paying for server space. Many thanks.

Steve McDonald

Mathieu Ghekiere July 20th, 2004 03:51 PM

Thank You, Chris.

Chris Hurd July 20th, 2004 04:28 PM

The question is, "I am curious if Canon sent him a camera a week ago." The answer is NO. Canon did NOT send me a camera prior to its announcement, nor since.

Much respect to all,

Alain Aguilar July 20th, 2004 07:21 PM

I don't know if anybody here ever heard of the Global Filmmaking School. An Internet Film school based in L.A. I was one of the many students that became ripped off for my money by becomming a "Student". Well, we've had this site for a while and there is no comparison to it. And now with the money I'm saving, I'll buy that XL2 (at some point).

Colin Barrett July 21st, 2004 08:41 AM

Being someone who battles to do much the same job as Chris but on the other side of the pond, I have to say that I'm amazed at the speed at which his XL2 material was put together. I'm also very envious of the non-disclosure agreement he was priviledged to be granted...... I had to wait until the London launch on the 13th July before I got the detailed lowdown and opportunity to handle the camcorder's PAL version!

Well done!

Colin

Chris Hurd July 21st, 2004 08:47 AM

Thanks Colin!

<< the non-disclosure agreement he was priviledged to be granted >>

It should be understood that my NDA with Canon is a general one of the blanket variety which I signed back in 2001, and is similar to other NDA's I hold with Canopus Corporation and a few other companies. It's nothing specific to the XL2. Optex had their stuff ready before I did. That morning was a busy one for me. Hope this helps,