DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Possibility in seeing XL2 bit earlier (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/29727-possibility-seeing-xl2-bit-earlier.html)

Kaku Ito August 9th, 2004 10:31 PM

Since they have the preview event on 27th, that should mean Canon will have multiple number of XL2s by then. I guess that means XL2 is on mass production. If nothing happens it should be available not long after 27th.

Kaku Ito August 20th, 2004 04:02 AM

I might be able to get it in my hand for two days from 25th.

I will do the shooting on what I do the best, downhill mountainbiking.

Kaku Ito August 20th, 2004 08:33 AM

I got the confirmation. I will have XL2, the new lenz, x3 lenz and the manual zoom lenz for two days.

Chris Hurd August 20th, 2004 08:35 AM

Outstanding, Kaku. Please let us know how that goes for you!

Kaku Ito August 20th, 2004 09:09 AM

I will also shoot video at the XL2 event held in Ebisu, very close from my office and stream the show for you folks.

Mark Grgurev August 20th, 2004 11:02 AM

If you can, post full quality frame grabs and/or a short full rez video.

Chris Hurd August 20th, 2004 01:05 PM

If you need any assistance (bandwidth, server etc.) for hosting, just let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Marty Hudzik August 23rd, 2004 09:06 AM

Kaku,
Can you take a look at the feature in the lens that remembers preset focus points and perhaps explain how that works? This would be a great tool for focus pulling if you are on a budget and can't afford the PS adapter and real lenses. I am curious if it has only one saved position or 2. So you could effectively toggle back and forth between focus points. or if anyone already knows this please feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks,
Marty

Kaku Ito August 23rd, 2004 05:54 PM

Thank you, Chris. My dotMac server space should be fiesible if I erase some of the NV-GS400 files.

Marty,
I remember from the first encounter at Canon, that the switch only remembers one position. I was concerned that the switch did not seem to be easily operated under hectic situtation, but better than not having it for sure. It did gave me the impression that if I could set it well ahead of time, it would be one less thing I have to worry about in operation demanding camera work (especially a lot of zooming work).

Kaku Ito August 25th, 2004 12:47 AM

I received it today. I will have it untill Monday, so I would have a lot more time than it was planned. I will post the impressions on my blog.

It is a lot heavier than I thought. I've got so used to cams like DSR-PDX10 and AG-DVC30.

Chris Hurd August 25th, 2004 01:16 AM

Great to hear you'll have more time with it, Kaku. Give it a real work-out! Looking forward to your report,

Mark Grgurev August 25th, 2004 12:37 PM

Post frame grabs or video(full quality)!!!!!!!!

Joel Guy August 30th, 2004 10:38 AM

Has anything been posted yet? Did I miss it?

Kaku Ito August 30th, 2004 06:04 PM

No, you did not miss anything, yet.
My deadline for VideoAlfa magazine article is today, so please wait for a day or two.